Friday 29 May 2015

Week 32 Pregnancy: The Hardest Thing(s)

Hitting week 32, there are a few things which I find myself struggling with in my day to day life as a pregnant mom. 

I didn't really jot the list down for my first pregnancy but this time around, in my second pregnancy, I just HAVE to put it all in one list. 

Breathing
The struggle to just breathe or breathe properly after doing a task or at times, even when sitting down, I'd suddenly become breathless for NO REASON AT ALL!
I'd be gasping for air and tend to take deep breaths as and when. 
Even simple acts like showering my toddler would leave me breathless. 

Rolling Around in Bed
I try to sleep on my left side as much as possible. 
But of course, I tend to get aches if I sleep on one side too much. 
And since our toddler sleeps with us, I always find her hand or legs on my belly or face in the middle of the night or she tries to find her way from her bed into ours by climbing on my side of the bed. 
So when I try to lie on my right side, it feels like a huge task for me and I'd end up having difficulties sleeping back after. 

Source: http://www.sodahead.com/

Getting Out of Bed
Either just to wake up in the morning or having to visit the loo countless times throughout the night. 
Because of the frequency of having to wake up to go to the loo is too frequent, I'd sometimes decide against peeing and continue to sleep (I know, I know, not good!!! So don't follow my lead). 
Barely an hour later, I'd wake up again because my bladder is too full or the baby decides to help me along by pressing on my bladder! 

Shaving
Either the legs or the one down there. 
Can't really see the one down there without the help of a mirror. 
I'd find myself not being bothered for awhile coz it's just too difficult. 
As for the legs, propping it up on a stool while you're sitting actually helps.

Cutting Toe Nails
As the belly tends to get in the way and you have to position your feet in a certain way to successfully cut the nails, by the time I'm done I'd find myself panting for air! 
I also had to take breaks in between because I tend to squash my belly as I lean forward to cut the nails. 
Owh, time taken to cut the toe nails seem to be a bit longer than before I had a growing belly!

Putting On / Taking Off the Pants / Underwear
I find that it's a balancing act, really. 
At one point, while standing, I'd hold onto something sturdy like a wall and try to put just ONE leg into the hole, only to miss it a couple of times. 
If I were not to hold onto anything, I'd have to do a swift move without the risk of toppling over.
Sometimes, if I'm out of breath or barely have any energy left, I'd sit on my bed and wear them (but I find that when you stand it is actually much faster and less of a hassle). 
Well, that's just me.


Source: http://homeposh.com
Laundry
Squatting to load the washer as we've positioned our washer to be at the bottom and our dryer at the top. 
I'd sometimes get my 4yo tot to help or she'd willingly help me load the washer. 
By the time washing is done, another task is to bend and take out the laundry from the washer and throw it into the dryer. 
Once done, I'd be gasping for air!


Sitting Down
Can't cross legs anymore and I'd have to accommodate my tummy when I sit down so sitting with my legs apart just feels so comfortable. 

Finding My Way In The Kitchen
Luckily, my kitchen counter and stove is able to accommodate my growing belly, hence, cooking is not a problem. 
Unfortunately, when I'm done washing the dishes, my shirt would be drenched and this is specifically at the belly area.

Source: http://imgkid.com/

Dozing Off
It's a norm for me to doze off after completing my house chores. 
But most of the time, I'd even doze off even when I'm just sitting down on the couch and this is probably after 11am onwards. 





Activities with My Toddler
My interactions with her are more confined to our couch and I'd entertain her there. 
I can't afford to move much without feeling dead beat by the end of it. 
Thankfully, she's so understanding and keeps herself occupied with her toys. 
We'd do some reading together or just have conversations on what she's doing or what's on the telly. 

Peeing in a Cup (At the Doctor's Office)
Is it just me or it's difficult to pee in the cup?
I'd miss the first few times because either my belly is in the way or the cup is just too small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)