Friday 22 May 2015

"6 Habits of Highly Effective Parents"

I find this (Source: 6 Habits of Highly Effective Parents) beneficial especially on days when I ask myself "Am I doing this right for my child?"

Especially when other parents with kids of similar age to my child (4 years old) have started pondering (and fussing over) which play school to send their kids to. 

Some have even started going to school at the age of 3, their schedule starts as early as 8.30am until 12.30pm. 

On some days, they'll have replacement classes which ends until 3pm. 

And the parents are so proud of their kids if their kids can learn how to read / write / count. 

Whereas for me, I'm content just to see my lil' kid play and have fun and be happy and make friends and just be herself. 

No pressure as to if she can already write her ABCs or 123s or Alif Ba Ta as yet. 

If she wants to do something or is interested in something, hubby and I will point her in the direction of her interest. 

Each parent has their own parenting style and we totally respect that. :)

We're even impressed with kids who are just 3 years old and can already write their numbers or spell! 

Smart kids. :)

We strongly believe each kid develops on their own. 

No point in trying to impose certain things on a child if the child isn't ready yet as they might end up not liking it. 

When in doubt, I'd refer to the below, it helps as a guide to tell me that "Yup, you've got this! :)"

Source: 6 Habits of Highly Effective Parents

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)