Tuesday 26 May 2015

Week 31 Pregnancy: Bloated Tummy

Two days ago, I had a bout of bad bad bad bloated tummy.

It was extremely uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep at night and that I couldn't really do anything else. 

It didn't help that I'm now waking up nearly every one hour at night just to go to the bathroom and pee. 

It was tough to cook and I had to sit down so many times just to relieve the uncomfortable feeling. 

Even when I'm sitting down on the sofa, I have to shift positions a few times just to find the right spot which doesn't strain my tummy. 

So I resorted to applying loads of minyak cap kapak and it became my best friend. 

Not to mention, I was belching like crazy and had loads of flatulence.

My lil' one kept laughing when I just had to let it go ... you know? 

Either on the bed or sitting on the sofa or just standing around or even walking. 

If you have to let it go, you'll just have to let it go. 

I kept asking myself what had triggered this. 

I wasn't suffering from constipation as I was passing motion as normal. 

I just couldn't figure it out. 

So I was desperately looking for an answer online. 

I finally found my answer in one of the blogs.

It listed down the food that you consume which causes a bloated tummy when you're pregnant (for some people, even when they aren't pregnant).

The culprit for my situation was bihun! 

Yes, I whipped up bihun goreng two days ago and it finally dawned on me that after having bihun goreng, I started having a stomach discomfort at night. 

I didn't give it a second thought when I had that and thought it was just one of those things you had to suffer during pregnancy. 

*Sigh*

What made it odd was that during my first two trimesters, I had tons of helpings of bihun goreng but did not suffer from a bloated tummy. 

So it was just weird, in that sense. 

Another thing that hugely helped me get through the pain was using the electric pillow warmer.

It hugely helped me through my hip and back pain phase and now, I'd just press the pillow on my tummy to relieve the discomfort. 

I would apply it twice in a day.

Alhamdulillah, it only took me two days to have the discomfort go away. 

But the belching and flatulence?

Sorry, still there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)