Wednesday 13 May 2015

Prince Court Medical Centre - Dr Tan Ay Eeng

We decided to go back to Prince Court as we were thinking of the convenience for my parents to visit me at the hospital, which was nearer to their home. 

Thinking about them having to travel from KL to Bangsar would be a hassle. 

In addition, we had our little toddler to take care of this time around so ushering her back and forth between the hospital and my parents' place was easier. 

We set an appointment in March 2015 with Dr Tan Ay Eeng. 

As the last visit we had with Prince Court was when our daughter went to see her Paed a couple of years ago, we didn't know that the registration process had changed. 

Registration
The registration counter is at the other end of the hospital (if you parked at the basement, took a lift up to the lobby and you can see Coffee Bean, just follow the stickers on the floor which will lead the way to the registration area).

http://www.princecourt.com/news-and-updates/malaysia-healthcare-travel-expo-the-worlds-best-hospital/
* The registration counters above. The picture is from a couple of years ago as the seating arrangement has changed. This is the only picture that I could find on the Internet to illustrate how the registration area looks like. 

A staff member will be standing at the ticket dispense machine. 

Let her know your purpose of your visit and she'll issue you a ticket. 

The waiting area at the lobby is huge and there are ample of seats. 

Once your number appears on the screen, proceed to the counter. 

If it is your first visit, they'll request for you to fill up some details on a form and sign. 

They'll basically fill up the rest of the fields for you. 

Since I had a record in PCMC from my first baby delivery, the registration didn't take long. 

They'll hand over a form along with a pink book and place these documents in a clear folder, along with your ticket number.

You'll then proceed to the 6th floor where the Women and Children Clinic is. 

Once you step out of the lift, turn right and the clinic's entrance is on your right. 

You'll see a counter with trays on it, marked with the respective doctor's name. 

Just drop your file into the tray and a nurse will attend to it. 

I could see that all the trays were empty but there were already patients waiting in the area, so don't worry, they'll definitely pick up your file. 


Waiting
I noticed that upon having this system in place, there were lesser people compared to when we first came a few years prior. 

Maybe because they only entertain patients who have set an appointment with the doctor so the crowd was manageable and the waiting time wasn't too long. 

One hour or so max. 

A nurse called my name to check my vitals and asked questions about my pregnancy considering that it was my first visit. 

I provided my urine sample too. 

I waited some more and we managed to sit down in front of the doctor's room. 

Not long after, my name was called and we stepped into Dr Tan's room. 


Consultation
Dr Tan was a friendly doctor but of course, no nonsense lady too. 


http://www.princecourt.com/doctors/doctor-list/dr-tan-ay-eeng/
She is super organized and I could see that she's the type who likes to keep things within a certain schedule and plan ahead. 

I guess it was good for some but maybe errr not me. 

Know why? 

Because when I asked her if she'll be around during the delivery date which probably falls on a Public Holiday, she checked my details, checked the calendar and said "I'll probably need to induce you a week or maybe 2 weeks prior to the due date."

This came as a shock to the both of us. 

I calmly asked "Why is that, doctor? Because I had SVD for my first baby delivery and didn't require me to be induced."

She replied "You're overweight right now so you'll need to be induced, just to reduce the risk."

Oh dear. 

Whatever she said next, I just couldn't process. 

I was already down in the dumps :( :( :(

She continued with "Have you done a detailed scan for the baby?"

I said "No."

And she said "Let me set an appointment with my colleague for him to conduct a detailed scan, it would be good to look at the baby's condition."

She suggested this after she'd done a scan just a couple of minutes prior.

In my head I was already thinking "I wonder how much it would cost?" 

I didn't proceed to ask considering that we didn't perform a detailed scan with our firstborn and she turned out fine, Alhamdulillah. 

Dr Tan even suggested that she'll need to conduct a blood test, just to make sure that everything was fine. 

"Ok" I said. 

Once it was all done, we left her room. 


Waiting - Blood Test
I waited for my name to be called by a nurse to perform the blood test. 

When I went into a room and the nurse drew my blood, I asked her about the results. 

She advised me that they'll call me by the next day or so if there are any problems. 

If there aren't, no calls would be made. 


Waiting - Paying the Bill
Remember the ticket number you received during your registration?

Hold onto it or at least remember the number. 

You'll need to proceed to the counter to pay your bill, it is a small room located near the entrance, opposite the counter where you dropped off your file. 

Once your bill is ready, your number will pop up on the screen. 

Just proceed into the room to pay your bill. 

For the life of me, I couldn't remember WHERE we kept the bill, I'm still trying to find it. 

I remember the total damage though ... approximately RM600

:(

This included prescription of Obimin Pluz, the blood test and some other charges which I can't remember. 

As soon as I can find a copy of the bill, I'll include it here, Insya Allah. 


Upon seeing the total cost of consulting with Dr Tan and her telling me that she'll induce me, hubby and I decided that we'll get a second opinion and we'll change our Obgyn. 

I know of some women who are comfortable with her, because they can plan their C-Sec dates, etc but I'm all for natural birth.

I honestly don't have the courage to be induced nor undergo emergency C-Sec if it doesn't work. 


UPDATE (20 May 2015):

As promised, here is a copy of the payment receipt which provides a detailed break down. 

Hope this helps!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)