Thursday 14 May 2015

Prince Court Medical Centre - Dr Paul Tay

Obgyn: Dr Paul Tay Yee Siang
Hospital: Prince Court Medical Centre
Appointment Date: 29 April 2015 (Wednesday)
Appointment Time: 11.30am

We are back with Dr Paul to deliver our second baby. 

Looking at the estimated due date which falls on a Public Holiday, where it is the Raya leave week, a lot of the Obgyns we enquired (from different hospitals) won't be around for an entire week or probably more.

Lillahi Ta'ala, we tried but we had no rizq this time around.

Furthermore, hubby was much more comfortable with Dr Paul and the both of us really really like him a lot! 

We set an appointment with Prince Court a month prior and the date was set. 

As our appointment was at 11.30am, we decided to reach there around 10.30am to go through the registration process. 

Once we were done with the registration at the lobby, we proceeded to the 6th floor.

I looked for Dr Paul's tray and was about to place my file in the tray when a lady at the counter stood up, smiled at me and took the file. 

I don't think she was a nurse as she was wearing casual attire, not the uniform. 

She handed me my ticket number and requested for me to wait. 

The waiting area outside the doctor's rooms were full so we proceeded to the waiting area inside. 

I waited for my name to be called where they'd take my vitals and I'd provide my urine sample. 

I waited some more. 

Alhamdulillah, by 11.30am on the dot, my name was called and we were ushered into Dr Paul's room. 

I immediately told him "Dr Paul! It is soooo good to see you!" 

He gave us his huge big smile and I quickly scanned the room to look for our photo which we gave him. 

I found it pinned on the wall and showed our daughter a picture of her being held by Dr Paul when she was just a month old. 

Our daughter got so excited to see a baby pic of her.

Dr Paul immediately told my hubby, "I remember you! You seem to have lost weight."

Hahahahaha of course, it was much to my hubby's delight as Dr Paul complimented him.

You should have seen my hubby's face light up! :p

He proceeded to assist us with our enquiries. 

I immediately asked Dr Paul if I was overweight and would he need to induce me 2 weeks or a week prior to my due date.

To my surprise, Dr Paul said that I wasn't overweight and there was no reason to induce me, in addition, he even said that I could gain an additional 5kg up to my delivery date. 

He advised me to control my carbo intake and watch my diet. 

When he saw that my delivery date was during Raya, he even told me that I could definitely indulge in my lemang and rendang before the delivery date but just to watch my diet. :) :) :)

Awesome doctor, I tell you! 

He added that he'll definitely wait for the baby. 

"If the baby wants to come out, we'll be ready, if the baby isn't ready to come out as yet, we'll just wait, there's no need for us to induce if it isn't necessary." 

Oh my God, you can't believe how RELIEVED I was to hear him say those words!

The last thing I wanted was to be induced. 

Even a few of my friends whom I shared my concerns with were totally against me being induced, considering that I had my first delivery purely SVD with no medical interference whatsoever! ie epidural

You should see the look on their faces when I told them that the previous Obgyn told me that I was overweight. 

My friends said "You? Overweight?"

They couldn't believe it and told me to get a second opinion. 

Trust me, after hubby and I consulted the previous Obgyn in addition to looking at the fees she charged (much to our horror!), hubby and I both decided we'd go back to Dr Paul. 

Peace of mind. 

Peace of MY mind, actually. 

For the entire month before seeing Dr Paul, I was extremely sad and worried. 

But after consulting him, Alhamdulillah, it made all the worries just go away! 

After fielding our questions, we scanned the baby and Alhamdulillah, everything was fine. 

It took us half an hour for the entire consultation considering that I don't have any problems, Alhamdulillah. 

It was so good to see him and both hubby and I are extremely happy! 

What made it better was the bill. 

It wasn't as exorbitant as the first bill!

We expected that from Dr Paul and we're happy. 

If you could see a copy of the receipt below, there is a breakdown for the charges. 

The receipt is actually a few pages lesser than the first visit. 

The one on top -Hospital Service Charges- is what the hospital charges its patients, I guess it is a standard charge across the board. 

The lower portion -Collection on Behalf of Doctors : Disbursement- is the doctor's charges.



All in all, we're extremely happy and we'll definitely stick with Dr Paul Tay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)