Friday 8 May 2015

Week 29 Pregnancy

It has been ages since I last updated this blog, simply because I was down with pregnancy blues. 

The first month of pregnancy, I had no idea that I was pregnant. 

Only when I was down with flu and was ushered to the clinic, I found out that I was expecting. :)

Unfortunately, the 4 months which followed were pure torture. *cry cry cry*

I was nauseous the entire day and vomited first thing in the morning and late in the evenings. 

Sometimes I'd vomit in between if I took a slight whiff of something unpleasant. 

The kitchen was a NO ENTRY zone for me. 

Totally off limits. 

That means I did not cook for the entire 4 months! 

Source: www.amazon.co.uk

I didn't step out of the house at all for the 4 months except when I just HAD to do my monthly check-ups. 

I didn't feel like hosting at my house nor accept any visitors. 

It was really THAT bad and depressing. 

Hubby and the lil' one would go out on weekends by themselves sans me. 

Being home alone is no fun at all but I'd rather stay home then venture out. 

I couldn't stand the car rides. 

Gave me headaches.

Biscuits and a hot cup of milo were considered a complete meal for me, the only thing I could hold down at that point. 

I could even stomach bihun goreng on a daily basis as that was one of the things I could eat and not throw up. 

Hubby would prepare a batch for me which could last me my meals for the following day.

I even had serious Miss-V discharge, just liquid, but it itches really bad. 

I had to change my panty liners a few times throughout the day.  

OMG you couldn't imagine how unpleasant the feeling was!!! :( :( :(

Only when I consulted a GP, she advised against using the panty liner and stick to 100% cotton panties. 

So instead of changing panty liners, I'd change my underwear 3 times in a day.

The results? It definitely helped TREMENDOUSLY!

Moving into week 29:

As advised by my OBGYN, I have to monitor my carbo consumption as I've gained an additional 9kg (in comparison to my pre-pregnancy weight).  

He advised me that I'm able to gain up to 15kg so I currently have an allowance of 6kg to work around with. 


Source: http://www.babycenter.ca/

Upon scanning, it is found that my baby literally sits on my bladder. 

Yes, that means frequent visits to the loo!!! 

My Miss-V discharge is still quite serious. 

Baby movement is more profound but I'll wait within a couple of more weeks to feel that painful jab at my rib cage (like my first pregnancy). 

Sleep is getting more uncomfortable. 

I always sleep on my left side and sometimes shift to the right. 

Sleeping on my back is a total No-No as I just couldn't breathe when I lie on my back! 

I get breathless easily nowadays. 

Sometimes I find myself gasping for air!

My back and hip pain was so severe that I would cry and just plop myself down on the sofa. 

Hubby purchased an electric pillow for me which requires 5-8 minutes to be charged and it produces heat which lasts between 4-5 hours. 

It helped a lot as I am able to walk properly thereafter. 

On some days, I just feel like sleeping the entire day. 

House chores are taking me longer to complete (leaves me out of breathe completely). 

I'd have to stop at certain intervals just to catch my breath. 

I've started to develop hemorrhoids *sigh* so I'd always try to remember not to stand too long or do too much chores in a day. 


10 weeks+ more folks! I'm hanging in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)