Friday 15 May 2015

Week 30 Pregnancy

Source: 5 Quotes That Keep Me Going Through Pregnancy and Motherhood

Another week to go before looking at my countdown turning from a double digit to a single digit! Eeeekkk!!!

It is true that you can't compare your current pregnancy to your previous pregnancy. 

They're just so different. 


Being Tired & Breathless

At the time of me typing this, I'm already feeling tired even though I haven't started on any house chores as yet, except for a quick clean in the kitchen and minor kitchen cabinet cleaning. 

That's it! 

I get easily breathless. 

Like at times, I'm fighting for air especially when I'm sitting down. 

I'd feel totally lazy and just want to sit and stare at nothing. 

Or I'd even think about how smooth baby delivery would be this time around to the point that I scare myself thinking about the things that could go wrong. :(

Oh dear, I shouldn't have done that, should I?

I continue to complete my chores one task at a time. 

For instance, if I were to sweep and mop the floor, that would be done in one day. 

Laundry is done on another day whereas cleaning the bathroom is for another specific day. 

There'd be times when I'd lump the chores together if the laundry had mysteriously piled itself or the bathroom needs thorough cleaning. 

At the end of a chore, I'd be too exhausted, sweating profusely and finishing off an entire bottle of iced water from the fridge!

I cook every single day until my mom told me that it would probably help if I cooked dishes which would last me for 2 days. 

All I needed to do the following day was either to reheat the dish or add another simple dish on the side.

I went like ... "Oh ya, should have done that!" (sigh, really, why didn't I think of that?)

Cooking is also another tiring task coz I tend to stand throughout the entire duration.

Whenever I would remember to sit down, I'll sit while the pot is simmering on the stove. 

Else, I'd probably just stand until I've finished cooking and wiping down the kitchen. 

Once I'm done with the cooking and cleaning, I'd plop myself on a chair, gulping down ice water, trying to catch my breath and 'enjoying' the sensation of sweat just trickling down all sides! 

I'd hit the showers thereafter. 

Ever since my pregnancy, I'd probably shower 3 times daily and wonder why the weather is too hot and humid this time around?


Sleep (or lack of it):

I sleep on my sides.

Sometimes it just gets too uncomfortable as I have to squeeze in trips to the bathroom, not mentioning waking up several times at night for no reason! 

At times you'll just feel that your legs are straining or you're experiencing a muscle pull, not pleasant. 

During the day, if I'm having back or hip pain, I'll just have to sit on the sofa and sometimes (well, maybe, most of the time) end up dozing off. 

I'll make sure that I don't do any house chores so that I don't tire myself out considering that I'm also looking after my toddler's needs.

There was one time when I just couldn't keep myself awake, I slept off for 2-3 hours. 

Luckily, my brother was home for a visit so he kept my lil' one entertained. 

I could hear them, with my eyes closed, running around the house or playing basketball or hopscotch or pretend play. 

At times my lil' one would be laughing so loudly or screaming at the top of her lungs and my brother would say "Shhh, not so loud, Ummi is sleeping." 

Then they'd resume playing. 

I guess I've gotten used to it so I managed to sleep through the chaos.

On the other hand, I'd like to think that I'm preparing myself for the chaos which my lil' one and her future sibling would create when the both of them are playing together. 

Needless to say, when I woke up, I dashed to the kitchen as I had not prepared anything for lunch! 

Talk about panic attack. 

Of course I didn't want anyone to faint on me whilst they're under my care, being pregnant or not. 


Emotions: 
It's been a roller-coaster ride. 

I'm not sure if it's because I'm also caring for my toddler but I'd cry if I feel tired or she acts up or just cry on my praying mat for no reason. 

As an example, if my lil' one watches TV, she likes to stand directly in front of the TV although I've told her COUNTLESS TIMES before, not to stand too close as she'll spoil her eyes. 

Guess what, barely a minute later, she somehow manages to stand in front of the TV again! 

Owh my goodness! 

When my friends suggest to meet up, I won't look forward to it simply because I'm not up for it. 

Like, really. 

Although before this I'd be thrilled to just meet up with my girls and catch up and indulge in food! 

Sometimes I'll feel like I'm a nobody, worthless and feel hopeless. 

I'd feel unattractive and dumb, no character, no identity. 

I'll just go through the motions on a daily basis and make sure lil' one is cleaned and fed, house is kept and hubby is happy and content. 

I'll think to myself, it's ok, this shall pass, let's just do this and get it done and over with.

Nope, you don't need to get help from other people, you'll just have to do it yourself. 

Don't bother other people as you're just going to trouble them. 

They have enough on their plates already and whatever it is that you're asking help for, it's so minuscule if you were to compare the things that other people have to handle and worry about. 

Oh dear. 

Am I the only one feeling this way at this point in my pregnancy? 

This feeling is extremely unpleasant. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)