Friday 5 June 2015

Week 33 Pregnancy: Nesting

Yes, I've officially started nesting 3 days ago. 

I emptied an entire storeroom in the house to turn the room into a fully functional room which hubby and I could use. 

Despite the room being so small, the amount of stuff in there left me wondering ... how on earth could such a small-sized room fit all THESE stuff?

Luckily, our little toddler helped me carry stuff around or throw the trash or help organize empty boxes, anything within her capacity. 

It helped a lot!

The cleaning and organizing didn't stop there. 

I then sorted out the guest room so that we could fit in our toddler's new bed and fill up the wardrobe with her clothes. 

Her wardrobe which is in our room have been stocked up with the baby's stuff. 

Her toddler bed in our room will be transformed back into a baby cot. 

We'll also fit in her diaper changing table for the new baby. 

It took me 3 days. 

The whole 3 days to sort out things. 

It has been super duper tiring! 

Last night when hubby and our tot were doing the finishing touches to her room, I just couldn't muster any energy to do anything. 

I plonked myself down on the sofa, feet up and just stared at my phone screen. 

Not long after, our tot came to sit with me and we both watched the TV. 

She slept off within 15 minutes or so in my arms. 

Hubby carried her into her room. 

I went into the room not long after as I was just too exhausted, even to watch the TV!

I must admit, the first night not having our tot next to me, I missed her. 

Like really miss seeing her sleep next to me and kissing her whenever I can and just watch her sleep. 

I woke up a few times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and made an excursion into her room. 

I checked to make sure she hadn't fallen off the bed, checked the room temperature, checked that her night light wasn't too bright, drew the curtains and made sure she slept in a comfortable position. 

Today, there are still a few more things which needs to be done. 

Sigh. 

Feels like there are just too many things in too many places in the house. :(

I'd probably sit down for awhile before I resume my cleaning and organizing urge. 

By then, maybe ... just maybe I'd have that burst of energy which I had 3 days ago. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)