Friday 12 June 2015

Week 34 Pregnancy: Rib Pain During Pregnancy

I fell sick the weekend after I cleaned up two rooms in the house for an entire week. 

I was down with flu and cough, not to mention being SUPER DUPER exhausted. 

All I wanted to do was sit back on the sofa and just do nothing.

Unfortunately, our little tot fell sick too so in addition to looking after myself, I needed to make sure she's being looked after too. 

Another thing I noticed was that I had a sharp pain on my right rib, exactly just below my right breast. 

If I were to slouch, it'd get more intense.

I wondered if all the hard labor the week before had caused the pain. 

Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable now. 

Back pain is getting more severe, coupled with the rib pain. 

So I looked it up to make sure it was nothing serious. 

I found this article:

Rib Pain During Pregnancy

It states that it is perfectly normal for pregnant women to experience this in the third trimester and it'll ease towards the end of term. 

I've got to admit, it isn't pleasant at all. 

When I apply pressure on my rib, it feels as if I had injured myself. 

When I lay down to sleep, I can feel the pain. 

I hope it goes off soon. :(

My appetite had also dwindled. 

I easily feel full and only consume rice once daily. 

I'd rather have 2 slices of bread or biscuits accompanied with a drink of milo + oats. 

For me, it is a complete meal. 

At times I'd feel slight nausea, though I won't vomit and it brings me back to my first trimester. 

I sure do hope I don't end up feeling like how I felt in my first trimester!!!

It's no fun, no fun at all. :(

Alhamdulillah, baby is more active now and it is more profound with the baby's movements ie moving tummy, kicks, hiccups, etc. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)