Saturday 21 December 2013

Whisk, Outpost @ 1Utama




Under NORMAL circumstances, we wouldn't even dream of going to 1Utama on a weekend afternoon!

Parking IS a hassle, no doubt cheap (hubby ended up sending the car for a wash and polish) and the place was buzzing with people doing last-minute Christmas shopping and Chinese New Year too!


However, since our friends were already at 1 Utama, we braved our way there.


We'd prefer The Curve in comparison to 1Utama, though. 



Anyway, after catching a movie, hubby whisked us to the Whisk, Outpost cafe.  :)


Located at the Old Wing and just next to Starbucks, it looks like a quaint little shop on its own.


On second thought, it looks like a peculiar shop selling vintage products.



Judging from the exterior (above), I wouldn't have probably taken a second look at the cafe (windows are tainted with words and drawings) as I didn't expect it to sell coffee. :)

I would have walked straight to Starbucks.


Love the flooring, reminds me of Chinoz on the Park (KLCC) prior to its renovation in 2013 (if I'm not mistaken)
If it weren't for hubby who advised that he'd heard about Whisk and the great review they've gotten, I would have persuaded him otherwise.


As he ushered us into the cafe, you can't help but look down, not just because of the logo at the entrance (picture above) but you'd also need to be careful when you step in as there was another step you'd need to take before reaching the counter.


I felt that the shop had too many things going on, not to mention that there was a pillar right between the entrance and the counter which houses sugar and plain water.


You can't help but feel that the pillar just obstructs the view inside the cafe and pathway for patrons too.


The baristas look busy so they're just interested to take your orders, although there were no other customers in line behind us. 


Service was just ok and only after my friend enquired what was their best cake, the baristas showed interest in serving us.


The red velvet cake was recommended but we felt that it was too mainstream already.


Seeing that it was nearing 6pm and it would be dinner time soon, I ordered hot chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake (yeah, so much for wanting to save space in the tummy for dinner!). 


Whatever's left at 6pm on a weekend ... cakes are flying off the shelves!

Hubby's Raspberry drink and my chocolate cake in the background
My chocolate cake was dry, I didn't finish it off ... as how I'd normally do. 


My hot chocolate ... :( ... Didn't taste chocolatey ... Yes, I sipped the drink BEFORE eating the chocolate cake so I can confirm that my hot chocolate was quite bland. 

Maybe I should have gone for the coffee instead, eh?


Looking at the cafe, I think it's a cool place for you to snap pics and update a blog ... just like moi!


You don't fancy coffee? No worries, there's juices too!

The Menu

Would probably order this the next time I ever decide to visit this joint again


Ex-baristas of Starbucks would definitely remember this brand ...

Fully utilizing the corner

The warning sign: "Try sipping your coffee BEFORE adding any sugar!"




My experience at Whisk, Outpost, was a disappointing one. 


Maybe because I ordered hot chocolate instead of coffee? 
I don't know ... but they should have gotten the hot chocolate right, at least, in my humble opinion.

Guess I should've just gone to Starbucks, which is just next door to Whisk, Outpost.



Address: 1Utama (old wing), G 139, Ground Floor, Center Court
(located next to Starbucks, near open air carpark)
Phone: 03-7722 1020
Hours: Mon-Thu (10am-10pm), Fri-Sat (10am-10.30pm), Sun (10am-10pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)