Wednesday 18 December 2013

Damai Souq @ KL


We made our way to a bazaar closer to home on Jalan Ampang last Sunday after breakfast.



Damai Souq 




(you can see the LRT pass by from time to time and our little toddler got all excited, exclaimed out loud ... "Train! Train!")






I must confess that the shopping experience left me drenched in sweat! 



The weather was super duper hot! 

I guess it was because I tried out several outfits in one of the booths and unfortunately, there weren't ANY breeze! :( 

I visited this booth:


Egyptian Cotton Jubah RM 135 per piece



I just LOVE their jubah collection as the designs were just GORGEOUS! 

It is hubby approved too (yes, I rely on him to buy my attire as he has a great eye for designs and details! I sooo love him for this!)

The garments are sourced from the Middle East directly. 

The cutting of the jubah is beautiful ... flows like a dress fit for a princess ... hehehehe or so they say and I was already imagining myself as one! Bahahaha ...

I bought two pieces from them as another design I was interested in wasn't available. 

Luckily, they have their own shop in Platinum Walk which I could visit and use a proper fitting room to try on the jubah!

The booth was tended by 3 super friendly ladies who helped me in and out of the jubah whilst I was trying the jubah on. 

May God bless them!


I then visited this booth: 




Large shawl at RM 20 per piece
They had super nice designs for their large shawl and you can purchase either 1 piece for RM 20 or RM 50 for 3 pieces. 

Yeah, I got myself 3 pieces after consulting dear hubby on the designs. :)

Other booths available:










If you're into trinkets / necklaces / bracelets / brooches / pins, here's one booth for you:








And this one sells bags / pouches:



It was really hot and there was only one booth selling drinks ... 

I guess for the weekend we chose to visit, there weren't much vendors selling drinks / food so you may want to come prepared with a water bottle in hand :)

The bazaar is worth a visit ... but you may want to avoid afternoons considering the scorching hot sun, especially if you have toddlers in tow ... like us :)



Address: Damai Street, 54200 KL



Where? Jalan Ampang, next to the French Embassy (behind the Intermark building)



Hours? 11am-7pm (weekends only)



Parking? Free. The vacant lot next to the bazaar venue. There won't be a proper signage to show "P" but just drive to the vacant lot which has a fence and you'll see cars already parked there. 



Don't park by the roadside as you'll risk getting your car clamped (I've heard that there have been tons of complaints lodged by the French Embassy to the police traffic on cars parked near the vicinity of the bazaar)



Map taken from Damai Souq's Facebook page


Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)