Thursday 19 December 2013

Podgy & The Banker @ Sri Hartamas


We reached the cafe bright and early in the morning, only one or two tables were occupied.

Heard good reviews about this cafe, hence, we paid a visit one fine weekend traveling from KL all the way to Sri Hartamas ... just to have breakfast.

Hubby and I are both foodies so we'll make that trip :)






Open from 0900 - 2330hrs daily except on Tuesdays.

The selection of cakes
I guess it is easier to manage a cafe nowadays if customers themselves place orders at the counter and pay first before sitting down at a table. 




The Bromance snapped in this picture is PURELY coincidental ... we were aiming to capture the cakes!
The crowd started streaming in from 10am onwards



French Toast & Banana Slices

Poached Eggs on Toast
Right: Avocado & Chicken Sandwich
Hot Chocolate
The hot chocolate was a bit too bland.

Latte


We noticed that because we didn't receive numbers for our orders placed, the baristas / servers often end up sending the wrong food at our table, 3 times! 

They had to ask us what we ordered.

Anyway, I loved my poached eggs, probably coz I have been craving for 'em for quite some time. 

Unfortunately, the portion was a wee-bit small for me.

As for my latte ... it was not enough for me ... I think I finished gulping the drink within a few sips.

Hubby said that I drink my coffee "like a fish"

Hish ... does that mean I look like a fish each time he sees me drink coffee ??? 

Bahahaha ... I know, I admit that sometimes I wish that when I frequent a cafe, they'd give me options, you know ... Tall or Grande or Venti ... 

Aih ... definitely spoilt by Starbucks!

We didn't manage to snap a photo of what our friend had, if I'm not mistaken Smoked Salmon Sandwich. 

It was unfortunate for him as his sandwich tasted SUPER salty ... the salmon was topped with mayo coupled with onions and salad chucked between two slices of bread. 

Needless to say, our friend didn't enjoy his sandwich so he dived into his partner's Poached Eggs on Toast. 

My honest opinion? 

:( 

I regret that I won't be coming back here.

Was still hungry even after we left the cafe ... 

However, I respect the fact that they opened up this cafe and are making attempts to provide good food and coffee. 

Give it time, perhaps?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)