Wednesday 11 December 2013

Of Ironing, Latte & Tending to a Sick Toddler


I've got to admit ... 

I.Truly.Truly.Truly.HATE.Ironing! 

Trust me, whenever I have to buy a top or scarf, I'll make sure that the material does not require me to iron! 

Else, no matter how nice the material or color is ... I would refrain myself from purchasing it.

BUT ... 

Love makes you do things even if you hate doing 'em. 

Case in point, hubby asked me to iron his work shirts ... whenever I was available (I guess he knew I didn't enjoy doing the chore). 

I was saying to myself ... "Oh no ... ironing? Can't we just send it to the laundry, dear?"

Of course, I didn't translate this talking-to-myself out loud since it was hubby's personal request and I didn't want to hurt his feelings nor disobey him.

Knowing very well that my dear daughter (despite her not feeling well etc) would be busying herself whilst I ironed, I waited until evening to complete the task since hubby would be home by then to mind her.

I started on one or two of his shirts so it was OK. 

Hubby reached home later than usual and Lo & Behold ... he brought home my favorite cuppa!

TADAAAAA!!!
It was SUPER awesome since I was able to enjoy my latte AND iron at the same time!!! 

Tee-Hee-Hee...

Told hubby, "I can iron your shirts everyday with the latte, baby!" ... as I grinned from ear to ear (over!)

Hubby, "Oh yeah?" and smiles.

As I settled down on the sofa, dear daughter came to bf. 

I had given her cough syrup and Panadol for Kids earlier.

I then requested hubby to grab Yu Yee oil and Vicks vapor rub. 

Toddler was having flu and still coughing. 

So I re-applied the Vicks on her chest, throat and back since I had applied it earlier after her evening bath.

As for the Yu Yee oil, I applied this on her head as it would help her breathe easier and hopefully clear her mucus. 

We had her water bottle on the side so when she starts coughing, she could take a sip of water.

It did help as she dozed off with some slight struggle (to get comfy) considering that we were both on the sofa. 

She woke up occasionally as she coughed. 

It's nearly 4am and I had just tucked her in bed where she continued to sleep ... so far so good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)