Tuesday 10 December 2013

Downtime in December


It's December.

And it feels as if only recently that I updated about falling sick in this blog.

Here we go again ...


Tuesday (3 Dec)
I suffered from sore throat so drank tons of fluid.


Wednesday (4 Dec)
In the morning, my nose started to itch ... so I knew it was only a matter of time before I had flu. 

I had also started coughing too.

By evening, when I went to bed, I felt like a thick phlegm was stuck on my throat (couldn't get it out) so I was swallowing my saliva ... loads of times ... and my nostrils felt clogged.

Even when I tried drinking water, the feeling went off for awhile and then came back.

Gosh! 

I COULDN'T SLEEP!


Thursday (5 Dec)
Drained.

Not only was I not able to sleep the night before but toddler decided to bf.

My cough and flu got worse. 

Downed tamarind juice (3 times today) and took Clarinase (for the flu).


Friday (6 Dec)
Repeated the medication regime as per the previous day.

Hubby got home with a flu too. 

Gave him Clarinase.


Saturday (7 Dec)
Since hubby and I were both not well, our toddler was (luckily) healthy ... so we prayed that it didn't get to her.


Sunday (8 Dec)
Hubby developed headaches so had to take Panadol. 

I was feeling better but still had the cough and flu.

Our little angel developed sore throat in the evening as she kept pointing to the inside of her mouth to me. 

She was constantly downing water.


Monday (9 Dec)
Hubby felt better.

BUT our little angel's sore throat got worse (poor baby :(  )

Her nap time during the day was even short as she was struggling to sleep (kept coughing). 

We kept her water bottle by the bedside. 

I ensured that she slept with her head elevated.

I continued to give her vitamins and cough syrup.

When we went to bed at night, she could hardly sleep. 

I brought her to sleep on the sofa, on top of me ... brought back memories back when she was brought home within the first week after she was born.

She would wake up and want to bf so I ended up nursing her on the sofa and we both fell to sleep.

I had set the water bottle by the side so it was easy for me to reach for it. 

She had trouble sleeping on the sofa too. 

But after 45 minutes, managed to doze off. 

I waited for awhile and decided to bring her back onto the bed.

After lying down for 10 minutes or so, she started coughing again. 

I felt guilty :( (dang, should have just stayed on the sofa as she was sound asleep!)

I had no one but to blame myself. 

So I bf her and also gave her water to drink. 

She kept sitting on the bed when she started coughing. 

I consoled her and couldn't remember when we both fell asleep.


Tuesday (10 Dec)
She woke up super early, around 5am++. 

She went out of the room on her own to find Daddy.

Luckily Daddy was still at home.

She suddenly requested for "mamam" ... not to bf nor have formula but actually EAT at 5am++! 

Hubby asked what she wanted, she said "Pasta". 

So hubby prepared pasta, set it on the table once done and she wanted to watch a cartoon whilst eating. 

So we watched Dumbo and hubby left for work (of course, she cried when she saw Daddy leave home). 

It was around 6.45am, I saw that she looked sleepy so I told her that we were going back to bed. 

She said "Ok Ummi", switched off the iPad, drank her water, took her cuddly toy and walked into the room. 

She slept until 10am.

Luckily she still has appetite to eat, drink and was still active.

Will continue monitoring her condition ... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)