Friday 2 October 2015

Why Miss V? Why?

Click: 10 Home Remedies

I've been having this problem ever since my second pregnancy and even now that my baby is a couple of months old, it still keeps recurring. 

A couple of nights ago I had a serious itch on Miss V. 

We're talking serious-itch-I-can't-sleep-and-it's-driving-me-crazy kind of itch.

I could barely sleep that night and it got me frustrated as I've planned a busy day with activities for my lil' tot the following day. 

Whatever ointment I used to apply during pregnancy and made the itch successfully go away didn't work this time. 

A week prior, I had my mensus so I started wearing my pads and towards the end, wore my pantyliner.

The itch started to develop from there but thankfully, it was towards the end of my mensus so I completely ditched my pantyliner. 

So that particular night, I literally had to go to the washroom every single hour to cool Miss V with cold water.

The baby diaper rash didn't work. The herbal ointment didn't work. The powder didn't work. I was at my wit's end! 

I started looking up for home remedies and so I immediately grabbed salt from the kitchen and proceeded to wash Miss V with concentrated salt water. 

It gave me some form of relief ... BUT not for long! *sob sob*

So this time around, I made a few trips to the bathroom to wash with concentrated salt water. 

I fell asleep as I was too tired to get up anymore, what with the night feeds that I had to give Baby No. 2.  The next morning, I rummaged through the kitchen cabinet and WALLA! Found a bottle of apple cider vinegar.

I immediately proceeded to wash Miss V with the concoction and even when the website mentioned to wash it twice daily, I think I went overboard and washed it with the concoction every single time I had to visit the loo. 

It worked! 

So this time around, just to keep it dry, I'd apply powder as it also gave a cooling effect and made sure that my panties were 100% cotton.

It's the third day now and I've been able to sleep well, though there are times I'd suffer from the occasional itch. 

It almost ALWAYS occurs at night (still figuring out why). 

I have no idea why this happens but I'm guessing that my hormones drastically changed after giving birth and Miss V has become more sensitive towards the materials of the sanitary pads and pantyliners. 

This would leave me feeling exasperated when my next mensus comes!

Gosh Miss V ... why? *cry cry*

I know for a fact that this is quite embarrassing to discuss but if it would help other women out there, I'd be glad to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)