Thursday 23 October 2014

Sleepless Nights

Hubby recently went on a business trip so it was just our lil' tot and I at home. 

It gave me a peace of mind since we were staying in a guarded apartment complex so even if there were just the two of us home alone, we felt safe. 

The only thing that worried me was hubby's flight. 

Post MH370 and MH17, I must confess that I've developed a slight fear of traveling by air. 

I just can't help it. It does seem to haunt you, one way or the other. 

So when hubby said that he was traveling, I became worried. 

When hubby mentioned that he was using a different airline, I felt a bit relieved, but still worried. 

Apparently, his company had issued a memo immediately after the MH370 incident whereby the employees aren't allowed to use the MH flights until further notice. 

I only felt sorry for the national airline carrier.

After all, it still is the pride of Malaysia, no doubt. 

The first night of us being home alone after sending hubby off at the airport earlier in the evening, I was constantly checking the flight status online. 

That night, I couldn't sleep peacefully and probably dozed off at 5am. 

I performed my prayers and read the Quran just to calm myself down and seek solace in the Almighty. 

It was great news to me when hubby texted to say he had safely reached his destination. 

Throughout his trip and flights from one country to another, I kept making supplications to God to protect my husband and for him to return to us safely. 

It was agonising for me as I've had sleepless nights worrying about him. 

Alhamdulillah, I was able to wake up around 3am to perform my prayers and read the Quran on a daily basis. 

On the final night of us being home alone where hubby was due to take his flight home and arrive at approximately 10am the next morning, again, I couldn't sleep.

I checked his online flight status again and wished that I had access to the flight radar just to see the location of the plane.

But when our toddler and I saw his face again, it was a huge relief! 

We were soooo happy to have him in our arms again. 

Alhamdulillah! 

For the first time after so long, that night, I was able to sleep peacefully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)