Friday 10 October 2014

Our DIY Coffee Brewing at Home

I confess.

I love everything there is to it about coffee.

The smell. The taste. 

Whenever I think about coffee, I think of breakfast or cakes or cookies which would accompany my coffee. 

I think of a sunny morning. 

Nothing perks me up better in the morning than coffee. 

I'd probably feel that something is amiss when I start my morning without my cuppa. 

Seeing that I love coffee, hubby bought an espresso machine for home use. 

We've tried a few espresso machines, to be honest. 

We finally settled for this:

A Philips Saeco Poemia series. 

We saved up enough (a few months or so) to make this purchase and saved up on our coffee trips to the cafe. 




The size isn't too bulky and fits perfectly on our counter top, right next to our water kettle of similar color. 

Setting it up to brew coffee in the morning doesn't take too much time. 

Of course, before I was able to use it all by myself, hubby showed me the hows until I was confident enough to brew my own. (Cue victory dance here).


How to Brew Your Own Coffee

The steps below are for preparing a cup of latte.

Step 1
Steam the milk in a container like the one below using the espresso machine.

Before steaming, there'll be an indicator (green light) on the machine to show you that the machine is ready to be used. 

It should be hot enough (not scalding hot), to be poured into your coffee mug at a later stage. 

Once the milk is steamed, set it aside. 



Step 2
Use ONE scoop (provided in the kit) of ground coffee beans and pour this into the scoop as per the picture. 

Insert this scoop onto the machine. 

You may purchase coffee beans from your local cafe and request for them to grind the beans for you (notify them that it would be used for a coffee machine at home, not for commercial use). 

Alternatively, if you have your own grinder, you may grind the beans to your liking at home. 

Select the option to express the espresso into a small espresso glass shot.

As I love my coffee to be thick, you can see that I'm using 2 espresso glass shots here.




Step 3
Quickly pour your espresso shots into your coffee mug, immediately followed by the milk you've heated earlier.

Step 4
Once done, you may add sugar to your liking. 



There you go! 

Your freshly brewed coffee which you can enjoy within the comfort of your own home. 

Aaahhh ... bliss! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)