Friday 17 October 2014

I Read a Book!!! :D

I can't remember the last time I finished reading an entire book.

I used to read a lot when I was still in school / college and occasionally when I had started working.  

After having a daughter, it all changed. I couldn't lift up a book and finish it. 

I would stop reading halfway and it will take ages until I resume my reading, by that time, I've entirely forgotten about the plot so I'd just chuck the book aside. 

But this time around, I decided to pick up one book from the library during our recent trip there with my toddler.

Image from www.bookaid.org
Within 2 days, I finished reading the entire book, all 598 pages of it!!!! 

Oh my goodness, I'm super duper proud of myself! 

I read the book in front of our toddler who emulated me by reading her book too, but of course, not long after, she was more interested in running around the house or climbing the sofa or jumping around. 

I read the book after she went to sleep or before she wakes up in the morning. 

It felt good, really, to be able to read a book. 

Now that I'm homeschooling my daughter, the more reason for me to pick up books again. 

There'll come an age where she can read on her own and we'd discuss the author or the storyline or the contents. 

That'd be fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)