Wednesday 10 September 2014

Recipe: Of Tomyam and Ikan Goreng Berlada

I was craving for tomyam, so I used whatever ingredients I had at home to prepare a pot of tomyam. 

Of course, I Googled for the recipe first and 2 of the main ingredients which were missing from my pantry were the limau nipis and asam keping. 

I had tomatoes, cili padi, serai and I used asam jawa instead in addition to the onions and garlic. 

I used chicken as the main ingredient for this broth. 

One thing I learnt was to NOT blend the tomatoes together with onions and garlic! (A mistake I made after watching a YouTube video on preparing tomyam). 

On top of tomyam, I prepared ikan goreng berlada for hubby using ikan merah. 

Glad he loved it! :D


IKAN GORENG BERLADA
3 big onions
2 cloves garlic
8-10 small cili padi (depending on how spicy you'd like it to be)
2 cili merah
1 tomato
1 tsp belacan
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup cooking oil

Method: 
1. Cut the onions, garlic, cili padi, cili merah and tomato (you need not slice them finely as you'll blend them at a later stage).

2. In a pan, pour 1 cup of cooking oil. 

3. Fry the belacan until you can smell the fragrant. (I'd suggest that you open ALL doors and windows hehehehe). Make sure that it isn't burnt!

4. Pour all ingredients in (1) into the pan to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. 

5. Switch off the stove and let it cool for 2-3 minutes. 

6. Pour everything into the blender. You can use the 'Pulse' option on your blender (if you have any), else you blend it until there are no chunky cili / onions, however, there has to be some form of texture to this cili paste.

7. Pour the blended mixture into the pan and add sugar & salt. Continue to fry this until it becomes a thick paste.

8. You can either add the fried fish into the pot or serve the cili and fish separately. 

:) Hubby loved it and I ate the tomyam to my heart's content! 

We both had second helpings of the rice and at the moment, my tummy is extremely full! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)