Tuesday 9 September 2014

Nap Time

Our toddler is 3-yo. 

She's still breastfeeding. 

Somehow, she doesn't seem to enjoy taking afternoon naps whenever she's at her Tok Mama's house. 

Last week, we spent 3 consecutive days at my mom's, for me to have my urut session. 

We'd arrive around 7am and leave in the afternoon around 3pm/4pm.

When it was time to go home, my toddler would start crying, saying that she didn't want to head home. 

She'll kick-up a fuss and once she's strapped in the car, would be fast asleep less than 5 minutes. 

On the third day, I decided to head home earlier, around noon, as I needed to drop off something in Shah Alam. 

We drove from KL, headed to Damansara to collect some stuff. 

She was asleep the entire journey.

I drove home first to perform my Zuhur prayers.

Carried my sleeping toddler home and laid her on the bed to sleep whilst I prayed.

Left home around 2pm++, carried her to the car as she was still asleep. 

She woke up when I strapped her in the car seat but fell asleep half an hour later. 

Drove to Shah Alam, wasn't familiar with the roads so I was highly dependent on Waze. 

Took us around 40minutes to reach our destination. 

I had to wait for awhile before I could handover the item.

It was already 4.45pm when we drove back. 

I got lost along the way, as Waze couldn't detect the new roads / directions so I made a wrong turn and had to go through a few tolls (*sigh*)

It was around 5.45pm when we reached home. 

She was still asleep. 

I carried her into the house, was about to put her to bed when she suddenly opened her eyes. 

Imagine, she was asleep from 12pm until 5.45pm ... the longest ever nap time clocked! What more, she was being carried in and out of the car, travelled to 3 different places in between hahahaha 

And for the rest of the week, she wasn't interested in taking any more naps in the afternoon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)