Monday 5 May 2014

Frisky Goat @ TTDI

Our foodie friends recommended us to check out a newly opened cafe, "Frisky Goat" in TTDI, saying that the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake was to die for.

Hubby and I of course looked at each other, feeling amused with the choice of cafe name tee hee hee

Hubby pointed out that it's a cool name since people would most definitely remember it.

Last Saturday morning, we headed over to the cafe with my siblings.

We drove in separate cars, at separate times, so hubby used his trusted Waze to direct us there. 

Hohoho he nearly missed a junction despite Waze telling him to make a turn to the right, hence, wifey had to point it out to him and he managed to turn into Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi just in time!

Itulah kan orang cakap, GPS - Guna Pun Sesat :P

To help you find the landmark, just in case you are not from around the area: 



Parking may be a bit of a hassle but when we reached this area, a lady from Majlis Perbandaran was making her rounds, jotting down car numbers and placing tickets on windshields, so it is BEST that you pay for the ticket ya!

Whilst hubby went to pay for the parking ticket, my toddler and I went ahead first. 





As you step into the cafe, you would be "greeted" by these wonderful looking bread and pastries which you just can't resist! :)

Unless, of course, there are people queuing there already, blocking your view.

GLORIOUS GLORIOUS LOAVES OF BREAD!!!!






It was approximately 11.30am and my siblings had already secured a table for us, since they arrived earlier. 

The joint was packed with the Saturday-breakfast-hungry crowd (that includes us) and there were even people queuing up both outside and inside the cafe! 

Awesome, eh? 







The specialty was there waffles, apparently, so my siblings had ordered their Eggs Benedict on Belgian Waffles. Of course, dear sister didn't managed to taste the dish since they wolfed it down the minute it arrived, BEFORE dear sister could even warm her seat! Hahahaha

None of us managed to snap any photos of the food since we were too busy talking and eating and ordering and eating and checking out the cakes as well!

I ordered from their breakfast menu (served between 8am-3.30pm).


Breakfast Menu: "The Works"
* Pic taken from their FB page
** What you don't see in this picture, 2 pieces of toast

I guess I was hungry coz I managed to finish the entire portion, despite initially telling hubby that I would be sharing with him :D Taste wise, it was quite fair, just needed a bit more seasoning for their sautéed mushrooms. 

Hubby wanted to have their pasta so waited to order at 12pm (lunch is served between 12pm-3pm whereas dinner is between 6pm-9.45pm). 




Since I'm generous (hahaha), I shall leave you with pictures taken from their FB Album, "Glorious Food at Frisky Goat", below.

Go ahead ... drool ... :P


As the mains were settling in our happy tummies :D we discussed on which cakes to order. 

Hubby and my brother wanted the Red Velvet whereas my sister said she was full but would share my Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake.

I went to their counter to check out what other cakes were available.

OMG there was Chocolate Mousse! I couldn't resist it, so I ordered one.

As the cakes arrived, everyone looked at me and asked where was the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake. 

I told them I didn't order it since the Chocolate Mousse looked more appealing ... hahahaha

I LOVED my Chocolate Mousse. Hubby and my brother found the Red Velvet Cake leaving a bitter aftertaste, so they didn't quite enjoy their cake.

Sorry folks, didn't manage to capture pics of the cakes, we were too busy talking and eating :D

Our toddler shared my toast and had her own croissant, which doesn't come with butter so you'd need to request from them.

Hubby ordered the Iced Mocha, which I honestly didn't fancy, there was a slight aftertaste of chocolate powder. However, I did enjoy my Hot Latte' whereas my siblings enjoyed their Hot Chocolate.

Part of the deco in the cafe which hubby managed to capture:






Important Note: The washroom is through those curtains ... in case you're wondering where you could answer nature call ;)

If you're planning to grab a cuppa or breakfast at the Frisky Goat to battle those Monday Blues, unfortunately, they're closed on Mondays.

You can obtain more details from their website or Facebook page.

Address: 72, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 KL, Malaysia
Business Hours: 8am - 10.30pm (Tue - Sun)
General Manager: Angeline Yap
Email address: angeline@friskygoat.my


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)