Monday 26 May 2014

Super Busy Weekend

My house is a wreck right now!

Specifically the dining area, living room and our workstation.

Tons of stuff are strewn all over the floor and tables.

Halfway packed boxes for the move, our toddler's toys and stuff for a project that we're doing.

It's a different story with our bedrooms and bathrooms as they are organized and clean, you know, to make sure we have a peace of mind in these rooms.

I try to clear the affected areas and keep things tidy as best as I could but just can't help leaving it as it is considering that we still have to move everything around from time to time.

Want.To.Faint!

Our weekend was packed.

Our toddler spent her afternoon nap in the car, changed her diapers wherever we were at that moment and even had lunch at 3pm. 

There was once when she said "I'm really really really hungry" so we knew she was REALLY hungry. 

We were ordering food at a restaurant and she kept repeating "Chicken and rice, chicken and rice". 

Whilst waiting for the food to arrive, we had to distract her by constantly talking and singing to her, making silly faces at her etc. 

Somehow, I felt that the restaurant was EXTREMELY quiet despite 5 other tables were occupied with big groups ... can't help but wonder if they were actually listening in to our singing and laughing at our silly faces hahahaha 

I just couldn't be bothered and continued to entertain her.

Despite the jam packed weekend, luckily, our toddler was extremely understanding and even helped to carry stuff around or endured the warm weather in the afternoon or climbed three flights of stairs.

Both our hands were full with stuff and she would make sure she walked closely to us and shouts out "Be careful! Car!" if we were about to cross a road.

On the other hand, her flu was getting better, which was a good thing, else she would probably not feel comfortable.

Thankfully on both days, she slept early. 

There was this one night where she slept throughout dinner until we reached home, she continued to sleep. 

I managed to change her diaper prior to that so it wasn't so bad.

The other night, upon reaching home and having a warm bath, whilst I was helping her with the PJs, she said "Ummi, let's go babam."

I knew that she was tired, coz I was too. 

We would continue to run around with her until Ramadhan starts, by then, we're hoping to slow things down and settle down in a clean and organized house.

For now, I'm just going to let things slide a bit so I can focus on my favorite two people and complete the things for our project.

Although it is tiring like crazy, but the fact that our toddler understands and helps out wherever she can, makes it all definitely worthwhile! 

I'm blessed, truly blessed. 

Ok, gotta get back to a coloring session with her. Laundry will have to wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)