Wednesday 14 May 2014

We Are Moving! (The Planning)

I'm feeling really sad. 

Really REALLY sad. 

Hubby just received news from our landlord that she's planning to increase our rental so that she can cover the maintenance fees for this home.

All this while, our landlord had been paying the maintenance fees.

Don't get me wrong. 

She has been a WONDERFUL landlord!

Our home comes with kitchen cabinet, air-cond & fans in all rooms, curtains in all rooms, wardrobe, water heater in all bathrooms, 2 parking bays and our unit is the CHEAPEST amongst all considering that the next "cheapest" is RM500 more. 

We moved in when our toddler was 1 year+ and I was settling down in my role as a full-time housewife / mom.

We took time in installing wooden flooring and hung up personal frames on our walls so that the house feels like a home and not a rented home. 

Friends who came over didn't believe it was a rented home since we personalized the crib. :)

Hence, when we received the news, we knew it was a calling for us to move. 

Hubby works at his office situated a good 20+ minutes drive away from home (during smooth traffic) so when there's massive traffic, it would be close to an hour. Not feasible in terms of expenditure for fuel and tol.

We almost always seem to frequent his area to find cheap / affordable stuff or really delicious food ie rojak! :D Our friends meet up there coz it's the mid-point for everyone else scattered across Klang Valley.

The memories created here are priceless hence why I'm feeling sad. 

You know that feeling when you're packing your baby's stuff to give away?

The baby clothes which she can no longer fit but would be a perfect fit for her newborn cousin sister.

Or those tiny baby shoes she used to wear but she can't use them anymore (which keeps slipping off her feet anyway coz her feet are too small).

Or that baby seat you put up for sale.

So it's time to pack everything to give away, making sure that everything is still in good condition.

OMG, tears streamed down my eyes to the point that hubby said "It's ok baby, maybe we'll just keep them for keepsake." I told him No No, I'm fine, we need to make space for her new stuff anyway.

Heavy lah to my heart!!! Adoi!

So this whole moving thing, we're house hunting to find a decent home for the 3 of us which is closer to Daddy's office so he no longer needs to travel so far.

Me: Don't you feel sad that we're leaving this place? (holding back my tears)

Him: I would, but I've captured a lot of our memories (on camera) in this home. For us to move, it will only get better. 

Why lah he'll always have the right things to say and make me feel better? 

Good also ... so that I won't feel too sad. But of course, even the thought of packing and moving ... fuh, I'm feeling tired already!

Ok, I'm back to my house hunting online (rolls up sleeves).

Till the next update and wish us luck! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)