Tuesday 6 May 2014

Arts & Crafts Ideas

I currently follow FB updates from this website Fun-A-Day

They not only share arts and crafts ideas done by them but suggest other activities from other FB pages or websites too.

Seriously, the activities shared are extremely useful for me, a clueless and hopeless mom when it comes to arts & crafts huhuhuhu

I have been following them for quite some time and guided my toddler at the initial stage before she sets off completing the tasks on her own.

Hubby is the more creative one in the family and seeing him produce things out of play dough or boxes or merely scribbling things on a paper is truly impressive!

Today, I decided to cut out some shapes from coloured papers and gave our toddler a piece of paper and a glue.

I didn't tell her what to do nor how to do it and let her be. 

She immediately took the glue and started organising the shapes onto the paper, structuring it in her own way. 

It did look neat and I was truly impressed! 

Me: Wow, good job dear! That looks really good! 
Her: (Smiling) This is a decoration, Ummi! I want to surprise Daddy! Surprise Daddy, Ummi!

I was stunned.

First of all, she used the word "decoration" and for the life of me, I couldn't remember when was the last time I used it! 

Was it yesterday? Last weekend? Or was it something she saw in her cartoon series?

Secondly, she wanted to give her masterpiece to Daddy, as a surprise! 

Aaawwwww my heart just melted! Melted Melted Melted!!! 

Of course, she worked on it halfway, then continued to watch Mister Maker and I Can Cook on BBC. 

Then we had lunch and she continued with her arts for a bit. 

Then she watched TV and I called her in for a nap. 

Once she woke up, I gave her biscuits for her snack and she said "Ummi, I want to surprise Daddy!" So she continued with her work, completing it before her shower. 

As I was performing my prayers, she came running into the room, carrying her artwork, "Ummi! Surprise!" 

As I didn't respond, she said "Uh-oh. Not surprise, Ummi Allahu Akhbar" (means, Ummi is praying) 

Upon finishing my prayers, she showed me her artwork and said "Daddy surprise!" :)

We showered and had dinner without Daddy as he texted earlier saying that he would be extremely late so asked us to go ahead.

It was TV time for her after dinner. 

Suddenly, after she looked out the window and noticed how dark it was outside, she asked:
Her: Ummi, where's Daddy? (with an extremely hopeful look on her face)
Me: Daddy is working, dear. We'll wait for Daddy to come back, ok?
Her: (Smiling broadly and nodding) Ok! Wait for Daddy! And give Daddy a surprise!!!

Melted my heart again. Again! Again! Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)