Wednesday 21 May 2014

We Are Moving! (The Planning Part 2)

We have not found a new place to settle down, however, I'm already packing our stuff.

Despite it being a month away for the BIG move, I just wanted to be prepared and have everything ready so that we wouldn't miss out on the vital things ie ensuring that our current home would be clean and look well-maintained for the new tenant. 

Of course, I searched online to look for tips in packing for a move.

Found two useful sites below (with pictures!).


On WikiHow

On BuzzFeed
* Brilliant tips on how to save space and use your existing materials at home ie clothes/socks to wrap other household items.
* Color code your boxes to identify which boxes would go into which room (in the new home).


Who knew? (Of course, not me) ... about the need to pack an overnight bag on those first couple of nights at your new home? 

As you've just settled down and have not unpacked all the boxes or bags, the overnight bag is extremely essential so you'll save time to look for your stuff. 

Clothes, PJs, toiletries and other essentials ... throw in medication too, just in case.

So the first thing I packed, which I felt was super easy, was the overnight bag for the 3 of us.

Once that was out of the way, I've started with the master bedroom and will slowly clear out each room, which I foresee would take a couple of days just to clean out ONE room. 

As usual, every time I spring clean the house, I'll have my episodes and conversations in my head:

Where on earth did ALL the stuff come from?
Did we really need to have three of these?
When was the last time this shirt / pant / etc was worn? 

I foresee these conversations occurring when I'm packing too! 

Wait, I just noticed my toddler running around the house with one of the boxes on her head! 

Ok, the packing MAY take longer with a toddler "in-charge".



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)