Thursday 22 May 2014

We Are Moving! (The House Hunting)

It's not easy, to look for another home which suits your needs, especially if you are renting.

Every opportunity I get, I'd look up ads of houses / apartments for rent on iproperty

Every day when hubby gets home from work, I'll share my findings with him and he'll sift through the options available or make calls to arrange for house viewing. 

We'll discuss through our options, especially pertaining to the amount of expenses we need to fork out for the deposit. 

It's definitely a tiring process and you have to be quick too! 

The good ones are often snapped up even before you could arrange for a viewing!

There are really good agents who are extremely helpful and very efficient in arranging for viewing and getting in touch with the owners in the event we request for same-day viewing.

The agents so far have either arranged for same-day viewing or the next day, which is quick in my view.

Unfortunately, we had an incident with one agent recently.

We saw a beautiful looking house with a decent rental and we quickly arranged for a viewing. 

Despite our toddler and I suffering from flu and that we'd rather rest in bed, we made that trip and arranged for other things to be done so we could maximize our time there.

Upon reaching the house, we saw the agent standing in front of the house but the interior was NOWHERE near how the ad looked.

When we approached her, we asked about the house in the ad. 

Only then she advised that the house in the ad was actually for sale and not for rent, however, the house that she was about to show us was RM300 cheaper.

We were disappointed. I felt sad and of course, felt cheated. 

We've met a whole bunch of agents before her, they were all trustworthy and showed us the exact homes as per the ones they've listed on the website.

But this one particular agent, did not even have the courtesy to include a disclaimer in her ad "Pics shown are not of the actual unit".

Nor did she apologize for misleading us. 

I wanted to cry, then and there, coz I was tired and my toddler was already asleep.

Hubby was of course furious, though he didn't raise his voice at her. 

He told her very diplomatically that this shouldn't have happened in the first place and that she should have notified in her ad that the pics aren't of the actual unit.

She responded with "other agents are doing the same too" liner.

I didn't feel that her remark was fair to other agents who work hard and are trustworthy. 

We didn't want to waste our time nor hers so we thanked her and left.

At that time, I could only pray to God the Almighty to give me the strength to forgive this lady and hope that she won't do this to other potential clients. 

Hubby was still upset, understandably.

A couple of minutes later, there was a heavy downpour. 

It's a blessing, I told hubby, that we hadn't looked at the house, else we might have been caught in the rain trying to get to the car after viewing the house. 

He just nodded and I hugged my toddler closer.

I let out a sigh, thinking how some people could do this to others.

:(



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)