Tuesday 11 November 2014

Sad

Assalamualaikum! 

The three of us went to a jumble sale at Publika over the weekend. 
Although it's a bit too early to spread the Christmas cheer but the organizers decided to hold a Christmas Jumble Sale in November. 

Why not, right? :)

Apart from the sale and Christmas-themed deco along with scrumptious cookies and cakes being sold, they had a Santa Claus and story-telling session by the Julia Gabriel Centre.

Our lil' tot enjoyed her time there and even crafted a mini Christmas tree (using an ice-cream cone with icing and other condiments for decoration ie M&Ms and chocolate sprinkles). It costed RM5 and the proceeds will go to charity. 

She got her first butterfly "tattoo" as well!  ;) It cost RM1 for the sticker and looked really pretty with pink glitter on top. :)

All went well until we went to a section which had slides and a colouring station (for free). 

They provided print-outs, colour pencils, crayons stationed on tables kids can just sit on any available seat to colour.

I was holding a box of crayons when Girl 'A', probably the age of 3, came to me and said "Excuse me, that is mine" and she sat down and started colouring. 

I apologized and moved away, bringing my tot along to find other available colour pencils. 

Plus, my lil' tot does that ALL the time as well. Claiming something is hers when in actual fact it wasn't (normally happens in a toy store or when we have play dates at a friends')

My tot was more interested to make friends so she made her way back to the table and sat down on one of the empty chairs. 

Girl 'A' approached her and requested her to move. 

My tot got up and looked for another empty chair, at the same table, and joined Girl A and another girl, Girl B, who was busy colouring. 

Both girls pulled their boxes containing crayons away from my tot so it was out of her reach. 

I totally understand that they're just kids but seeing this just broke my heart as my daughter was just trying to make friends but none of the girls were interested. 

Not long after, Girl A accidentally dropped her box on the floor so a bunch of crayons were scattered all over. 

Girl A stayed put in her chair. 

My tot immediately got up from her chair and started cleaning up. 

Girl B, who noticed the mess, followed suit. 

My tot and Girl B were both busy picking up the crayons from the floor whilst Girl A just looked on. 

It was only when they had finished picking up the crayons, Girl A got up to collect one final piece of crayon from the floor which she found under a chair. 

Shortly after, my tot got back to her table, wanting to colour with her new found friends. 

Hubby, who was standing nearby, told our tot "Good job!" and gave her a high five.

When my tot was settling down to colour, again, she didn't have any crayons nor colour pencils to use. 

Girl B's parent then requested Girl B to share some colour pencils with my tot, which Girl B willingly obliged. 

Girl A's mom who was seated not far away requested the same to be done by Girl A, who reluctantly handed over the crayon to my tot. 

I guess with some kids, they'd get off to a not-so-great start but they'd be playing together not long after before they stop playing with each other again.

My tot then moved on to another toy. 

Girl B then joined my tot. 

Girl A noticed both girls missing and saw that the two girls were having a good time, Girl A wanted to join them too. 

Nevertheless, Girl A requested (again!) for my daughter to move. 

I'm so proud of my dear daughter, Alhamdulillah, who let Girl A have what she wanted and my tot didn't kick up a fuss. 

Girl A was trying to dictate how to play with the toy so hubby and I pulled our tot from there, telling her to say goodbye to her friends as we were also hungry and wanted to find something to eat. 

As I went off to the surau to perform my prayers, hubby brought our tot to change her diapers.

Once done, I called up hubby on the mobile to locate the two.

What I found was amazing. 

My tot was playing with some kids her age in a shop.

All of them had balloons in their hands so they started role-playing by using the balloons as swords. :D

As I was hungry, I told our tot that we needed to go to a restaurant to have our meal. 

She said "Ok!" in a voice which only meant "I have no choice now, do I?" and said her byes to her new found friends. 

At a tender age of 3, I'm unable to reason with my daughter why some kids choose not to play with her and why some kids would be more than happy to have her join them. 

But as a mom, of course, it breaks my heart when I see kids pushing her away or totally ignoring her when she clearly just wants to play. 

Nevertheless, I'm so happy with how my tot conducted herself (yeah, one of those good days) where she didn't throw a tantrum. 

She looked so matured and I'm just truly blessed. :) 

p/s: Emotional mom typing out this post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)