Thursday 6 November 2014

Downtime

It has been quite some time since our lil' tot had flu.

Unlike the last time where she'd have tons of mucus rolling down her nostrils, this time around she was able to control it somehow. 

I developed flu and cough before her. 

I drank tons of water and tamarind juice concocted at home. 

Alhamdulillah, I recovered within a week without developing any fever. 

So when our toddler contracted it, I guessed that it was from me. 

She developed flu at first. 

From time to time, I'd ask her to go to the bathroom so that she could blow her nose and wash her face since she just loves to wipe off her nose and leave traces of mucus trailing on her cheeks. *sigh* 

We gave her warm baths, made sure she drank tons of OJ and plain water every other hour, she had porridge and soup for her meals and just rest at home. 

learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org
Alhamdulillah, 2 days later her flu was cleared but she slowly developed a mild cough. 

imgkid.com
We continued with whatever treatment we administered previously. 

When she sleeps at night, I made sure that she lays her head on the pillow. 

Yes, she has a tendency to kick the pillow elsewhere and even her blanket while she sleeps. 

She can even do this with her eyes closed and continue sleeping. 

I wonder if she ever feels cold at night since we have the a/c on? 

Alhamdulillah, 2 days later, she recovered from her cough and on the 3rd day, her voice no longer had that raspiness. 

It was just flu and cough without any fever and I'm glad that we needn't bring her to the clinic to be administered with meds.

Just want to make sure that her body is able to develop its own antibody and fight off flu, cough and fever on its own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)