Saturday 26 October 2013

Wednesday Morning Playtime


It was tough falling sick and caring for a toddler all alone since hubby had a business trip overseas.

Yes, I cried.

I started feeling feverish on Sunday evening itself, what more with the flu I was also suffering from. 

I took Panadol and Clarinase so it would not get worse, considering that hubby wasn't around and I was running solo.

On Monday, I felt even more sluggish, weak, with body aches all over, especially my back.

By evening, I felt extremely weak and retired early, having to leave my toddler all alone to watch cartoons on her iPad.

I had difficulty breathing as my nose was heavily congested and I was coughing like mad.

I applied Yu Yee oil on my nose and tears started streaming, not because I was crying but because it kinda stung at the beginning.

I felt bad for my toddler since I couldn't focus on her at all. 

I mustered whatever strength I had to prepare her meals, give her baths and change her diapers. 

Most of the time, I just felt like lying on the sofa and do nothing.

It was a test alright, of perseverance. 

I would lie if I said I didn't lose my cool. 

I did and I'm not proud of it.

We were holed up at home for a couple of days as I just couldn't even find myself to bring my toddler to the playground.

On Wednesday morning, I felt better and brought her down to the pool and playground. 





She was extremely excited! 

It was good to finally breathe some fresh air!

We dipped in the pool.

She then requested to go to the playground. 

Whilst playing, I took her pictures. 

She then asked me to climb one of the obstacles and took my mobile phone and house keys from me. 

I was amazed that she considered those little things so that it would be easy for me to make that climb.

She started snapping my picture away, like how I took hers. :)

She was mesmerized by the flowers and was eager to point out the flowers to me.

We went into the pool again. 

After 1 and a half hours, she put on her robe and slippers, gave me mine, held my hand and started walking. 

"Let's go, Ummi."

I just followed her lead. 

She walked all the way to the lobby, an indication that she was done for the day. 

Once inside our house, she took off her robe and swimsuit, neatly piled it in one corner and ran to the bathroom, waiting for me to open the door. 

I let her play in her tub, making sure the water was warm enough for her.

Once she was all ready, she requested for her formula. 

The rest of the day, I spent cleaning the house. 

Wiped the fans, the windows, swept the floor and mopped. 

Bathrooms would need to be cleaned another day. 

By the end of it, I was exhausted. 

I wonder, how many people would actually start cleaning their homes once they recovered from fever?

I always end up spring cleaning the house each time I recover from fever. 

Weird, isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)