Wednesday 9 October 2013

Toddler's Fever in October


It was only yesterday that our toddler seemed fine the entire day. 

Around 4pm after we came home from bringing my mom around, our toddler suddenly came down with fever.

She fell quiet, wasn't active and was breastfeeding constantly. 

I decided to give her a shower at 5pm and didn't switch on the water heater. 

She was screaming at first, but eventually settled down and was even laughing her head off, enjoying the shower. 

I started to bathe her from her feet, then moved upwards so that she isn't shocked from the cold water. 

Once done, I applied Vicks on her chest and back, Yu Yee oil on her navel and legs.

We settled down for another breastfeeding session. 

All she wanted was to lie down and cuddle in bed, so I took the opportunity to use a damp cloth, applied the towel on her feet, legs, body and head. 

When hubby came home from work, she didn't run to the door and greet Daddy like she normally would. 

She could only afford a smile to Daddy from the bed.

Nevertheless, she gathered up some courage to walk over to him and got him to hug her. 

Her eyes started to get watery and her body temp did slightly go up.

Hubby then pointed out that we still had the cooling water (picture below) in stock.




Hubby fetched a bottle and our toddler drank from it using a straw.

Her body temperature didn't subside but it wasn't at a worrying high. 

She woke up a few times throughout the night to breastfeed.

This morning, she woke up early, looking for Daddy. 

She saw my mobile phone and said "Daddy ... Daddy!"

I dialed hubby's number and when hubby answered, she said "Hello Daddy" a few times. 

When hubby was talking to her, she just kept quiet.

She was lying down on our bed.

When hubby said "I love you", she answered "I love you too, Daddy."

After saying goodbye, she fell asleep again not long after.

Her body temperature was slightly lower in comparison to the day before. 

She woke up whilst I was in the shower. 

I decided to give her a shower too. 

She requested for milk and just laid down on the sofa whilst watching cartoons on TV.

I continue to provide her with cooling water, orange juice and plenty of liquid. 

At times like these, I'm glad that I'm not working considering that I do not need to request for time-offs, or having to take turns with hubby to stay home. 

I'm hoping that our toddler will get better soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)