Thursday 19 September 2013

Downtime ... with Diarrhea (Part 2)


I'm happy. 

A very happy mom!

Throughout the entire day yesterday, my little toddler's poop business was normal as usual. 

No more watery stools! 

This morning, after she woke up, she pooped.

But it was normal poop!

I just told hubby the other day that once you become a mom (or dad), you become a poop analyst and even Google "Toddler's stool chart". 

You become concerned if the poop doesn't look normal or produces foul odor or your toddler doesn't poop for a few days or they poop a few times in a day ... list goes on and on and on ...

During the course of my toddler's diarrhea, she developed redness in her diaper area. 

I felt like crying as I know it was painful for her, but she didn't complain. 

I tried applying the diaper rash cream but it didn't seem to go off. 

I remembered that we had the Zambuk medicated ointment.

Hence, I applied this on her and by the next day, it had gone off entirely!

I'm guessing that it provided her diaper area with some form of shield, to prevent it from being soaked when she has one of her diarrhea episodes.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this ointment to all moms as it is a must-have in your diaper bag!

Other uses of this ointment would be to treat, among others:

Mosquito and insect bites
Sores
Itching and rashes
Cuts
Minor wounds
Burns
Bruises
Scalds


Plus, it costs LESS than MYR 10 and we obtain it from our local sundry shop which is just a minute away from our home.

On another note ...

In the event my toddler is having constipation, I would provide her with brown sugar dissolved in warm water.

1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 oz warm water

Just 2-3 spoonfuls in the morning before breakfast.

Some advised that this is to be consumed 3 times a day. 

Once you see an improvement in their stools, stop providing this solution completely. 

Yes, it worked on my toddler.


See how many things, on top of other things, we now know as parents on this poop business? 

How to trigger poop and how to normalize it? :)

But yes, if in doubt, please seek professional medical advise.

Take care! 

May God bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)