Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Stroke Story: Day 3

9am:
Hubby was still in the ICU and we decided to go to the hospital in the morning.

11am:
The hospital conducted an MRI scan on hubby.

12pm:
I managed to meet his Neurologist.
He shared that there are no brain or blood vessel abnormalities in the brain so he has ruled out any need for surgery, for now.
He was kind enough to let Lil' Tot and The Baby see their Daddy.
Hubby was awake.
Lil' Tot got so excited that she talked non-stop whilst hubby was holding The Baby.
The Neurologist added that hubby will be moved to the HDU (High Dependency Unit) some time today so it's a HUGE relief for the family as we know this means he's improving.
There are fresh blood clots in the brain which he hopes would clear in the next few days or so, depending on his body's healing process.

His condition is still considered serious but not as critical.
We left the hospital so that we could have lunch outside and I needed to let the kids take a proper nap at home. 

5pm: 
We headed back to the hospital.
Hubby had already been moved to the HDU but when I went to see him, he was asleep.
I waited outside with my brother and the kids. 

7pm: 
We went to the cafe for dinner.

8pm: 
I went to see hubby again in the HDU.
He was adamant to have his mobile phone so my brother had to go back home to bring hubby's mobile to the hospital.
The nurse mentioned that if it helps him stabilize his BP, then by all means, just give him his mobile.

9pm: 
My parents arrived and they went in to see him.
I went in again bringing his mobile phone.
He was quite happy to hold his mobile phone, saying that he'll be able to Facetime with us.

10.30pm: 
We headed home.
For the first time, I managed to Facetime with hubby together with the kids.
I was able to sleep better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)