Monday 29 February 2016

The Stroke Story: Day 2

11.30am: 
I messaged hubby to say that we were at home, just waiting for the time to see him. 
I planned to leave the house around 3pm so that the kids had sufficient rest and a proper meal at home before we left for the hospital.
On another note, the ICU doesn't provide a chair for visitors to sit next to the patient.
I shared with hubby that Lil' Tot said "We miss Daddy, right Ummi?"
My heart sank when she said those words because she had not seen Daddy for the entire day yesterday and probably today too.

3pm:
We left for the hospital but spent the majority of our time at the waiting area considering that hubby was not awake.

Luckily, my brother was around to help entertain Lil' Tot whilst I looked after The Baby.
We checked in with the nurses on his condition from time to time.

5pm: 
Hubby's boss dropped by the hospital to see me. 
She knew that she couldn't see hubby but she was adamant to see me, to see how I was holding up. 
It was such a kind gesture from her.

7.30pm: 
We went to the cafe for dinner, performed our prayers and waited for my mother and father to arrive at the hospital.
Lil' Tot fell asleep on the sofa.

9pm: 
As Lil' Tot was asleep, my brother helped look after her whilst my mother, father, The Baby and I went to the ICU to visit hubby.
My parents went in to see hubby first and The Baby fell asleep when I held her outside the ICU.
My mother then came out to take The Baby from me so that I could go in to see hubby.
Hubby was awake.
He doesn't remember a lot of things ie the name of the hospital and for the fact that he was in the ICU.
He was even worried about how the kids and I coped whilst he was in the ICU.
The hospital had planned to conduct an MRI the following day but it all depended on whether his BP could be stabilised. 
The nurse told me that each time hubby woke up, his BP would increase as he would start thinking about work, his staff, office emails, the family and tried to recall what had actually happened to him.

11.16pm:
I put both kids to sleep and updated hubby on what happened today via a message to his mobile.
Both Lil' Tot and The Baby were so wonderful throughout the days we were at the hospital.
It was as if they understood the predicament that I was going through and they're making it easy for me to manage things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)