Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Stroke Story: Day 5

4am:
I messaged hubby as I couldn't sleep. 
Asked him how he was doing. 
Hubby shared that the nurses had just given him a shower and that he was having a headache.
He said that 3 people had to help him shower and changed his hospital robe.
I asked him for his BP reading. 
It displayed 161/95.
I told him that it was slightly higher in comparison to the previous evening's reading which was 144/78.
He then said that he needed to sleep so I let him be. 

8am:
I messaged hubby again, asking if he was awake and whether he still had a headache. 

Hubby said he still had a headache but will wait and see if it lessens anytime throughout the day.
The good thing was that his BP reading showed 142/85, which was much better than the earlier reading.

9am: 
Hubby messaged me again, shared his BP reading of 125/72.
I felt like crying because I was happy for him.
I told hubby that I'd be coming in a bit late today, as the fruit shop near home only opens at 11am.
I needed to get hubby his juice (to lower BP) and some fruits (grapes, green apples, banana) which he could snack on in the hospital.

11am:
Hubby messaged me with great news! 
The Neurologist gave his approval to move hubby into the normal ward!!! 
It was the happiest news I've heard for the week! 
The Neurologist said that everything looks normal and that the bleeding has recovered so it would be safe for hubby to be moved into the normal ward.

11.30am:
Reached the hospital and made a quick visit to see hubby with the juice and fruits.
Spent some time with him before I left as the kids were with my brother. 
I told hubby that we would be waiting for him outside.

1pm: 
Went in to see hubby again and told hubby that we would be heading down to the cafe on the Ground Floor to have lunch. 
Requested him to update me once he has moved so we could see him at the normal ward.

1.30pm: 
Hubby said that he was being moved.
I asked for his room number and we met him there.
The kids, especially our toddler, were so happy to see him that she literally jumped onto the bed and snuggled with Daddy.

3pm:
I told hubby that I needed to get home to prepare food since he didn't eat hospital food and I needed to get The Baby to rest. 
Lil' Tot stayed at the hospital with Daddy as she was already asleep by the time we left the hospital.
Went to the supermarket to buy some stuff.

6pm: 
Got ready and left home for the hospital with hubby's meal.
For the first time, the kids were able to spend the evening with Daddy at the hospital.
No more waiting outside the ICU and peering into the ICU to catch a glimpse of Daddy from the outside. 

10pm: 
Left the hospital earlier today as the kids got to see Daddy and we needed him to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)