Monday 14 March 2016

The Stroke Story: Day 4

6am:
Our text message first thing in the morning - 

Me - Lil' Tot found her way onto the bed. She's sleeping next to The Baby now.
Hubby - Oh, can I come?
Me - You're in the hospital. We'll come and visit you later. 
Hubby - Oh, I forgot that you're at home. 
Me - We are. We can't sleep at the hospital with you. 
Hubby - Really confused. 

At this point, I was already crying.

10.30am: 
We headed to the hospital.
I brought along breakfast as he did not like the hospital food and purchased pomegranate juice too, to manage his BP. 
Went in to see him. 
The Cardiologist had given clearance for hubby to be admitted into the normal ward. 
We will need to wait for the Neurologist to give his clearance too and that would be sometime in the afternoon.

12.30pm: 
Left the hospital as we needed to grab lunch and I had to get the kids to take their afternoon nap. 

3.30pm: 
The hospital called. 
A nurse by the name of Belle / Bella. 
She notified me that plans to move hubby to the normal ward had been postponed to the following day. 
However, hubby had underwent physiotherapy. 
He managed to walk around the ICU under the physiotherapist's observation. 
I personally thanked the nurse for updating me. 
It was the best piece of news I've heard the entire week!

4pm: 
I continued to send messages to hubby, updated him on the going-ons in the house, especially what the two kids were up to. 
I had also updated him on me changing the bed sheet and comforter covers where Lil' Tot helped me load the sheets into the washing machine. 
She didn't stop there. 
She noticed that there were dry clothes in the dryer which I hadn't manage to take out. 
As Lil' Tot couldn't reach the dryer that was located above the washing machine, she brought a stool. 
She carefully took out the fresh laundry from the dryer and loaded the clothes into the laundry basket. 
Once done, she then brought the laundry basket (which was quite heavy for her) to me. 
I cried. 
I hugged her. 
Kissed her. 
Thanked her. 
She's such an adorable angel.

6pm: 
Lil' Tot went for a swim with my brother whilst I prepared dinner.
Hubby messaged me, told me that he was busy playing all the videos of the kids on his phone and that he was running low on battery.
I told him that I'll bring his charger to the hospital when I visit him later.

7.30pm: 
We headed to the hospital. 
My parents came to visit too. 

11pm: 
Headed home. 

11.30pm: 
I messaged hubby, told him I miss him.
He didn't respond. 
Possibly fell asleep already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)