Thursday 21 August 2014

A Day Out

It was quite a packed afternoon for the both of us yesterday.

Toddler & I both checked in on Daddy and asked if he was available to have lunch with us. 

Yippee! Daddy said Yes, we booked his time and got ready to go out. 

It was a short drive to Daddy's office as the lunch crowd was surprisingly absent from the road.

Once we parked our car and headed to the local food court (al-fresco dining hehehe) we bought food and settled down to eat. 

Quite a number of Daddy's office colleagues dropped by our table just to say Hi or have a quick chat. 

Luckily, our toddler was in a good mood and she greeted each and every one of them. (phew!)

Of course, when it was time for Daddy to head back to the office, she got a bit upset, tears streaming down her face. 

This time around, I drove the car to his office whilst they both sat in the passenger seat, talking. 

When Daddy said Goodbye, she was already crying. 

So I kept talking to her about how we'd be going to the library and that she can borrow any books from the library. 

Spoke about the types of books she could look out for too. 

This calmed her and she even starting talking about books she wanted to find. 

It was just us in the children's library at that time and we could see school-going kids heading to another section of the library. 

She fell asleep in the car on our way home so I was struggling to carry her along with the library books whilst trying to open the door. 

Once I ensured that she was cosy in the room, my mind was already thinking about preparing dinner.

I remembered the bolognese sauce which hubby prepared the previous weekend so I plopped the sauce, pasta sheets and cheese in a baking pan to prepare lasagne. 

I totally forgot that we don't have all-purpose flour in stock so I couldn't prepare the Bechamel sauce.

AND we had limited mozarella cheese so I used the cheddar cheese slices to top up the cheese portion. 


There you go, not really a good looking lasagne but tastes just as nice hehehe

Hubby and our toddler both had second helpings, me too of course! 

We had some leftovers so that would be for our lunch today. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)