Monday 18 August 2014

You're A Mom When ...

you're set out to complete ONE chore but end up doing several other chores in the end.

It happened this morning when I decided that I wanted to sweep the floors and mop them too. 

I came across our laundry basket and decided to chuck the dirty laundry in the washing machine so that folding clothes would be manageable, you know, not ending up with a mountain of fresh clothes to fold.

When I was fetching the floor detergent and mop, I ended up cleaning our bathroom which then progressed to other bathrooms in the house too.

Of course, our toddler had wanted to help too so she swept the floors with me using her mini broom.

As I was mopping the floor, she pleaded with me, wanting to help out. 

Oh well ... so I gave her the mop and she went swirling around the house with the mop in hand. :)

Our toddler is now also eager to wash her own dishes after each meal.

We love the fact that she wants to be involved in these tasks. Life skills which can only be learnt at home. Proud of her.

It's after dinner now and I had just completed folding fresh laundry. 

That feeling of accomplishment when you had finished your house chores is pure satisfaction. (grinning from ear to ear) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)