Thursday 3 July 2014

The Unpacking

One word.

CRAZY!

This is our second week settling down in our new home and I had JUST managed to really sit down and type this entry. No time even to update this blog! 

I feel like everything is just everywhere and I'm tired every time. :( 

The following day after we moved in, my siblings came over after breakfast to help me unpack, may GOD bless them! They even bought breakfast as we didn't manage to settle down the basics to set up the kitchen, be it mixing drinks or even scrambling eggs, let alone toasting bread! 

Anyway, as we were busy in the room to unpack clothes whilst hubby was outside drilling walls to put up picture frames and our toddler was chatting away with some of our friends, I literally fell asleep amongst a heap of clothes which we took out from some boxes.

Hubby's friends came over to help unpack too! May GOD bless their good hearts for being so thoughtful!

There were others who were busy preparing for a BBQ as hubby ordered some beef patties, sausages and ribs. This time around, instead of hubby himself spending time in front of the BBQ pit, his friends took charge of everything. 

Our toddler, on the other hand, was busy being entertained by hubby's friends so it was a good thing that she wasn't clingy and gave me space to unpack.

In the evening, my parents came over with food for dinner and we performed our prayers as a family, led by my youngest brother. We recited some du'a to seek Allah's blessings and protection as we make this new house our home.

Whilst we were reciting our du'a, our toddler laid down on Daddy's lap and fell asleep not long after. Yes, she hadn't slept the entire day so she was literally maxed out!

Over the course of 1 week, we went out for dinner daily (as promised by hubby) and I was busy ticking off items from my checklist and organizing things in the house. 

It's not easy. 

One fine day, as I was trying to re-organize things in the shelves, I sprained my back ... so my unpacking ceased to a halt as I had difficulty moving around !!!!

It took me 2 days to fully recover and hubby told me to just chill and rest. 

I can't really rest as long as I see boxes all around me.

I feel sorry for our toddler as I couldn't really spend time with her as I was on a mission to clear the boxes off our living room floor.

She mostly spends time in front of the TV or iPad whilst I crack my head trying to figure out where certain things went in the house. At times, she'll stop what she was doing and just sit next to me, trying to figure out how she could help as well. 

I felt sooooo sad and hopeless, not to mention, extremely tiring too!!!! 

Since we had just moved in and haven't set the space for things as yet, we'd normally scramble around the house just to look for things like a screwdriver or some plug point, etc.

We can't seem to locate things straightaway. 

AND THEN when you're NOT even looking for it, the item appears out of nowhere!!!!

Ahhh, the "joys" of moving eh? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)