Monday 7 July 2014

Faith in Humanity, Restored!

Toddler and I headed to the post office this morning. 

Unfortunately, the parking was full so we had no choice but to park the car outside of the vicinity which was by the roadside. 

To get back into the post office area, we needed to cross a drain and squeeze ourselves in between a lamp post and a fence. 

Here I was, carrying TWO boxes in one hand, supported by my hip (yes, it was slightly heavy) and on the other hand, I grabbed hold of my toddler tightly so that she does not fall into the drain. 

That was the ONLY way in. 

The only other entrance was for cars to go down to the basement parking and not much room for pedestrians. It was more dangerous than the drain-lamp post-fence option as the cars would normally be driven at top speed. :( 

Upon reaching the part where we had to cross the drain, my mind was racing. The other side of the drain was not levelled and it was slightly higher than the grounds on our end.

Do I leave the parcel on one side and carry my toddler first? 

But that means I risk my toddler if I were to leave her to retrieve the parcel. 

Or do I carry the parcel first then only my toddler? 

Either way, I'm risking my toddler. 

I was near to tears, really, when I was juggling both boxes, one leg on one side and the other already trying to climb the other side whilst I continuously told my toddler "Wait for Ummi ok, don't move dear, wait for Ummi, it's dangerous."

The only reason why I didn't suddenly burst into tears was that an elderly man, nearing his 60s, suddenly stopped in front of me and picked up my parcels. 

He ushered me to the post office and showed me that he would help carry the boxes. 

I gladly followed him into the post office where he had also pressed the machine for the ticket. 

I was speechless but not speechless enough as I thanked him a few times. 

He just smiled and nodded and uttered "You're welcome".

Once we had completed our Poslaju arrangements, I started to walk out of the post office until I spotted the kind man near the door. 

I walked up to him again and said "Thank you soooo much"

He smiled and acknowledged again. 

Such a kind heart and I pray that God will bless this man with all the good things in life and protect him, here and in the afterlife as well. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)