Saturday 12 July 2014

Perpustakaan / Library @ TTDI

We decided to check out our local library since the little one is now asking me to read the same book to her like 10 times! 

All's good and I'm happy that she loves to read but I must admit, sometimes I jump the lines / sentences / pages. 

Reading the same thing over and over again reminds me of the time back in school when I had to study for an exam. 

Off we went to the library using Waze as I wasn't familiar with the area. 

Guess what? WAZE brilliantly showed me the way until I had to turn into a back alley, behind someone's home (which was facing the library) and I couldn't find any entrance into the compound!

I told my daughter "Oh no, Ummi can't find a way in, no parking."

She responded with "Find another way, Ummi, that way!" 

Either way she pointed, she won't know where it would lead us but at least she's telling me that we should find another way hahahaha

When I managed to make a huge turn, going back out on the road and finding the entrance, I managed to see the sign "Perpustakaan".

I parked the car and we walked towards the building which was facing the tennis court. There was another building where I had parked the car but it was written as "Dewan" so I knew I shouldn't be going in there to see if there was a library. 

We stepped into the kids' library and took off our shoes before entering. 

The place was huge with tables and chairs neatly arranged, aisles of books organized at the other end of the library whereas rows and rows of chairs organized near the window for activities ie story telling session. 

The room which I was more interested in (and my toddler too) was the "Bookstart" room for toddlers aged 4 yo and below.

Upon entering the room, you would feel like it was a kindergarten with soft toys stacked in the middle and some tables and chairs. Interesting :)

Some pictures below: 







We spent most of our time here as she managed to find Snoopy in the room, so we played pretend play with Snoopy and Hello Kitty (which she brought) whilst we read tons of interesting books from the room. 

Membership is allowed for kids aged from 4 yo for RM 6 whereas for adults, RM 16. 

I know for sure that we'd be heading back here again! I just LOVE going to the library. 

One thing our toddler picked up was "SSsshh, quiet, it's the library." :D :D :D And she'll display a serious face whilst saying it.

Address: Pusat Komuniti TTDI, Lot 31204, Jalan Athinahapan (Taman Tun Dr Ismail), 60000Kuala Lumpur

Opening Hours: 

  • Mon  2:00 PM–6:45 PM
  • Tue–Fri  10:00 AM–6:45 PM
  • Sat–Sun  10:00 AM–5:00 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)