Saturday 12 April 2014

Downtime & Dateline!

Our toddler had the sniffles first.

I continued to give her soup, honey + warm water and warm baths.

I got the sniffles not long after.

It was downtime for the both of us until the following day, I just couldn't stand it and ended up lying down most of the time. 

My brain was working hard as I was preparing for a project and had to be completed within the next 3 days :( I had SOOOO many things to do!

I had actually slept around 3am the night before to get things done, but obviously failed. 

I tried completing my task during the day but was in between laundry & cooking & cleaning & changing diapers, not to mention bf our toddler.

Hubby came home from work early after I sent him an SOS.

He played with our toddler whilst I caught up on some Zzzz's and nursed my cough and flu. 

I took air asam jawa 3 times daily, warm baths and honey + warm water too. 

When I was recovering but still felt weak with a slight headache, I decided, "Ok, I still can't focus on completing my project so I'll watch my favorite TV series."

It felt like AGES since the last time I watched my TV series. 

Thankfully, our toddler was super tired and slept early, 8pm (yes! that's early!) since she refused to nap during the day as she was busy playing with Daddy. 

I ended up sleeping at 3am ... yes, talk about wanting to recover from flu and here I am, burning the midnight oil with the TV! 

The following day, hubby prepared our meals and kept our toddler busy whilst I slept most of the time.

When I felt better, I managed to complete my project and realized that:

As a SAHM, I have to juggle my time in completing my tasks as a mom & completing my project. 

I'd more or less have to stop from time to time as I need to put my daughter as top priority, however, at times, I'd need to tell her that I was working so she'd give me time.

If she takes her afternoon naps, I'm able to focus but not for long as I'd most probably need to do some cooking / cleaning / laundry.

I would already be tired by the time our toddler goes to sleep at night so completing the project in the wee hours of the morning isn't such a great idea.

I admire SAHMs who don't have helpers at home, who mind their own children and are either studying / running their own business at the same time. 

They don't have the luxury of break times to take a breather.

They don't have the luxury of time to really really REALLY focus on their studies or business as one child might come to them asking them to read or one child might be hungry or another decided to poop right after diaper change...

They don't have the luxury of having other people help out with the cooking and cleaning and laundry if their time is spent on studying or running their business. 

They still have to bathe and feed their kid(s), not to mention run the household. 

Of course, they're the go-to person if someone can't find something in the house. 

I believe it takes time for them to establish a system for them to mind their kid(s), manage their household and run their business at the same time. 

Phew! It's a lot of work and requires a whole lot of patience too! 

I do hope I can find a system that works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)