Friday 28 April 2017

Of Handling Two Toddlers and a Baby in the Tummy

💭  Throwback when I was 7-months pregnant.

I have to admit, I was the laziest person on earth when I was 7-months pregnant.

It isn't JUST laziness but fatigue/out-of-breath all rolled into one. 😫 😩

Sleep was very uncomfortable at night and of course, the frequent visits to the loo. 

Not to mention that the baby in the tummy, more often than not, decided that doing somersaults in the wee hours of the morning is much more fun than daytime.

I literally had to drag myself out of bed in the mornings and it was constantly an uphill battle.

Initially, I had no idea that I was pregnant as I missed my period for 2 months (it's normal for me to have irregular menstruation) and I did not suffer from any morning sickness like my previous two pregnancies.

When I started to feel queasy and tired most of the time, I decided to purchase a home pregnancy test kit. 

Source: http://m.clearblueeasy.com/digital-pregnancy-test.php
Trust me, the above brand is so easy to read especially when you encounter faded lines or trying to figure out if it's a single or double line.

Lo and behold, the test was positive. 

Hubby was ecstatic and I saw him grin from ear to ear. 😁

I was thankful that we would be welcoming a new addition to the family, yet it felt a bit too soon as our youngest was still considered a baby. 👶

I was a bit apprehensive as to how I'd be able to manage our two toddlers and being pregnant at the same time.

Our 5-yo can manage things by herself to a certain extent but our 1-yo is STILL breastfeeding (we've tried various weaning strategies but to no avail) and she's getting clingy day after day.

She doesn't like formula but would drink fresh milk out of a carton (served cold). 

She has regular meals and even snacks, possibly every 2 hours or so. 

I must confess, that taking care of toddlers and managing the household at the same time is quite a challenge, in addition to lugging that extra weight in the tummy.

I'd sometimes find myself feeling a bit faint or too exhausted even if I'd only loaded the washer with laundry.

Hubby helps out mostly and tries to bring the kids out whenever he can so that I can have my me-time (in instances when I'm too knackered to get dressed and go out).

Entertaining people at our home is definitely out of the question as the house is in a total chaos, although we try to clear toys off the floor and keep our kitchen clean as much as we can. 

On other days, I just couldn't be bothered as the kids, especially our 1-yo, tends to mess it up anyway. 

Our 5-yo would pick up the toys and try to keep the play area tidy but her younger sister would always find ways to have the toys strewn all over the floor barely 5 minutes later.

We've come to a point that we'll just have to walk around the toys and whatever stuff our 1-yo had left on the floor.

It was no fun, no fun at all. 😫

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)