Wednesday 26 April 2017

Our 3-month old Baby

Our 3-month old baby boy 👶  is very different from his two elder siblings.

He is quite an easy baby and only cries when he wants to sleep or whenever his diaper is soiled.

We've started him on formula 🍼, to top-up the breastmilk, as he drinks quite a lot.

❗I couldn't afford to nurse him around the clock considering that we have two other kids under 6 years of age. 

Our second daughter was exclusively breastfed so I spent every waking hour nursing her and cuddling her. 

Thank goodness at that time our eldest daughter was quite independent so I needn't worry much about her in terms of her meals or entertaining her.

Hubby is able to feed the baby when I need my rest. 

I'm also able to task my eldest daughter to feed her little brother when I need to do chores around the house or when our second daughter needs my attention (most of the time).

Our baby boy is the only one who sucks his thumb and we find him able to soothe himself either just to calm down or when he wants to fall asleep. 

🎉  He never ever cries at night. 

When he fusses in his sleep at night, he would suck his thumb profusely and I know that he needs to feed. 

I guess I've been trained to wake up every other hour with my first two that I tend to do the same with my third, though he doesn't really need it.

We provide him with formula once in the morning and once in the evening, breastmilk is offered in between. 

He is such a happy baby 😇  chilling and relaxing most of the time and is all-smiles when he's awake. 

The only person who cries A LOT would be his second big sister. 😓

At times, hubby and I would be baffled with her cries, not knowing why she'd cry in the first place.

We're guessing that the baby is super easy to look after considering that we need to give our full attention to our second daughter. 

Hoping that this wouldn't last for long as she has begun to increase her vocabulary and is able to express her needs and wants, minimising her meltdowns. 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)