Thursday 19 June 2014

We are Moving! (The Packing)

Packing is SUCH a tedious and time-consuming process!!!

I'm taking a break right now just to catch my breath. Keep asking myself "Where on earth did ALL these stuff come from?"

Imagine that there's only THREE of us in this house, 2 adults and one toddler and I don't remember using ALL the stuff every day or even every other day for that matter. Sheesh ...

My 3-yo toddler is such a gem as she insists on helping out as much as she can. 

Packing, taping boxes, sweeping the floor etc She even handles the huge pair of scissors, under my supervision of course, and the packing tape like a pro! Woo hoo! :D

I color code the boxes according to which room it should go to ie kitchen / room / study etc

I even maintain an inventory list just so it would make unpacking easier.

Kitchen 1 - Plates / cutleries & kitchen utensils
Kitchen 2 - Pots & pans
Kitchen 3 - Glasses / mugs & serving dishes
Room 1 - T-shirts / Shirts / Pants / etc 
So on and so forth

Needn't be too detailed else you'll end up spending MORE time listing out the items for the inventory list as opposed to the packing itself! hahaha

I make sure that each box is filled to the top, filling in any empty spaces with paper or tissue or kitchen towels or towels, etc so that it provides "cushion" to all the items packed, especially when it gets loaded onto the truck and is stacked on top of each other. 

I mark the boxes as FRAGILE or EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT.

I even packed our toddler's baby stuff ie clothes / pants / socks / toys etc in a separate box and marked it with "Baby Stuff - Unpacking Not Required"

Of course, there are those days where I had to juggle between packing, business, house chores, cooking and a clingy toddler ... I often thought that I would pass out any instant!

Which I did, not literally. But that one day, when my toddler took a nap, I took a 2-hour nap too and felt refreshed after.

Hubby has been a gem, making sure he buys us dinner after he returns from work or we go out for dinner. I only prepare breakfast and lunch for my toddler and I.

Hubby had already mentioned that for the entire week next week, I can rest and that we'll go out for dinner :D :D :D 

Ok .. did I mention packing was tiring? No no no ... it's manageable (whilst thinking of the list of restaurants to hit next week) kekekeke



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)