Saturday 7 June 2014

Cooking with an Induction Cooker

I have to admit, I've NEVER used an induction cooker in my life! 

So we bought one to bring over to our new home. 

Reason being is that we would be having limited storage space in the kitchen cabinet so we decided to save space and avoid purchasing any gas cylinders.

Today, out of all days, the gas ran out whilst I was in the midst of preparing soup. 

For a moment, I panicked as I had already thawed the chicken and marinated them too, waiting to be deep fried.

I would never call the gas man to come over if I am alone at home with my toddler, it would normally be when hubby is around. 

I decided to use the induction cooker which we just bought. 

Hubby found it at a second-hand shop which cost us RM200+. It's a pretty good deal considering that it was a well-known brand and if they were to sell it online, it could fetch approximately RM1k-RM2k. Crazy expensive!!!

Here I was initially struggling to figure out how to use it, but after a minute or so, I figured out that it was pretty easy :D :D :D (smiles to self and starts doing a victory dance kekekekeke)

The ONLY thing that I had to quickly think on my feet was figuring out how to fry the chicken considering that we couldn't use our wok on the super flat and sleek surface.

I noticed that the pots and pans bought from IKEA could be used with the induction cooker. 

When I tried to use a frying pan which wasn't from IKEA, the induction cooker generated something like an error message, "EO" reflected on the screen (wow, makes it sound like I'm operating a smart computer or some sort) ... but for a moment, I went "oh wow! that's pretty cool!" 

Brings me back to the time when I was in college, working on a topic, "Ubiquitous Technology in a Home". 

Coolness! 

Once I was done with the cooking and switching pots and pans, I let it cool off for awhile before I could wipe it down. 

It was WAYYY easier to clean this induction cooker as opposed to cleaning the normal cooking stove. :D

Oh well, I might as well get used to operating this one so that it would be a breeze once we settle down in our new home. 

Till then, let me just go check a manual so that I know I'm operating this correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)