Wednesday 19 March 2014

2 Play Dates in a Day! :D

We woke up on Saturday to quite a heavy hazy morning.
Our toddler wanted pancakes so I prepared 7 big pieces for the 3 of us.
Whilst sipping my freshly brewed coffee that morning, I can't help but think of the passengers and crew of the missing plane, MH370.

How are they? Did they have a good rest? Are they eating well? How are they taken care of? 

I consistently pray to Lord the Almighty for Him to have mercy on everyone in the plane so that they are protected and returned safely to their family and friends.
May He also grant the family with immense strength and patience to endure this extremely difficult time.

I also thought about the haze currently enveloping the nation due to the dry spell and made supplication to the Almighty for Him to have mercy on us and shower us with rain.


The first day I had to go out in the haze was when mom had to pay the Doctor a visit for her medical check-up.
Dad gave me a mask to cover my face.
I immediately felt extremely uncomfortable when I had to inhale some of the air.
Even though we only went outside the building or car for a few brief moments, I suffered from an itchy nose and a massive headache!
When we went home late that evening, I just couldn't stand the headache and went straight to bed.
I woke up feeling a bit queasy but definitely much better!

As I was lost in my own thoughts, I noticed that the sky was suddenly clear and I could even see the formation of beautiful clouds! 


Wow! 


I texted my girlfriend who was coming over later in the afternoon with her hubby and daughter to bring their swimming gear! 

The day was just too beautiful to let it pass without enjoying it.

Since we were expecting visitors, hubby baked one whole moist chocolate cake whilst I cleaned the house a bit and prepared lunch so that we could stay in, take a nap before entertaining our visitors. 

Ensuring that your toddler has sufficient nap time is crucial for the success of a play date!

Around 2pm, our toddler successfully went to sleep for a couple of hours before my girlfriend arrived with her family in tow at approximately 5pm.

Whilst they were getting ready to head down to the pool, the sky suddenly turned dark and we could see rain shower!
What a joy!
Yes, her kid was bummed that she couldn't go for a swim so we had to think on our feet what could be done indoors instead.
We took out the paint, toy ride, playdough and other stuff just to keep them both occupied.
Luckily, hubby is the creative one so he kept the kids entertained whilst I chatted with my girlfriend.
They stayed until 9pm so we had dinner together and they left shortly after.

Around the same time, another friend came along bringing her 2 kids aged 2 years whereas the other child was 5 months old.

So they stayed until 10pm+ before they decided to go home as it was quite a distance for them to drive home.

I must admit that my little girl thoroughly enjoyed her time playing with other children BUT hubby and I had to play the mediator role most of the time as our toddler tends to be the more eeerrr aggressive character.

Not that she hits other kids but sometimes she wants to share her toys and other times, she'll just pluck the toy out of the child's hand and runs away with it!!!! 

Phew! What a day! 

All 3 of us retired that evening feeling extremely tired but we'd do it all over again, nevertheless :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)