Tuesday 14 January 2014

Weekend Flea Market @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas


Hubby and I simply LOVE Publika @ Solaris Dutamas!

Firstly, super easy to reach Publika via the DUKE Highway. 

Super efficient and ample parking space with security guards making their rounds timely.

Spacious walkways in the mall to accommodate families, especially parents pushing strollers.

Fantastic vendors from both the retail and F&B industries.

Excellent activities planned for the crowd which caters to people from all walks of life.

The crowd? I don't know but for me, personally, the people whom you bump into at Publika are friendly or proper in terms of being courteous and polite to others. Well, maybe it's just me. 

We checked out the flea market they had one weekend. 

I really admire creative & artsy people, you know? 

They can come up with all sorts of cool things that I can only dream of!  

Good thing is, I'm married to one superbly creative & artsy man so if I need help in the creative department, I'll just outsource the task to him ... hahahahahaha ;)

I'm hoping that his creative & artsy streak would go to our 2-yo daughter. 

As for me? Hopeless! 

I always get a 'C' or 'D' in Arts Class back in school ... I produce useless and pathetic looking drawings / artwork which always ends up in the bin once the teacher had graded it!

Nope, no artwork hung on the wall or the fridge door ... It would end up being my "Wall of Shame" ... 




My toddler was excited to see these miniature alligators.

Sheep in a Jar

They look like they toppled the jar and are attempting an escape!

Hahahaha ... taking a bath with the ducks!













Publika also has their own team of creative people, based on the sculptures you could see in the mall:



We went into this 'Infinity' showroom ... with our toddler who got all excited seeing the lights!  




Cool eh?

There are actually MORE vendors which we did not manage to capture each and every one of them but hopefully, this would give you a rough idea on what to expect when you happen to visit the weekend flea market in Publika. :)

On another note, please be mindful of your toddlers / kids when they look at the items on display. 

During our visit recently, a 4-yo girl broke one of the items (believe it was made of glass), and the girl panicked as the mother was checking the girl's hands to see if she had injured herself whereas the father was busy picking up the pieces of the broken glass.

I remember seeing the face of the vendor ... full of disappointment ... I guess she could see that all her hard work had gone to waste, as how the broken glass pieces were ... 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)