Tuesday 14 January 2014

Food Foundry @ Seksyen 17


 Since hubby & I visited Butter & Beans recently, it wasn't that difficult to locate Food Foundry (thank God!).



The guy in the black T-shirt looks like he's looking for someone

The guy in the black T-shirt, again, probably wanting to check out the cake selection at the other end of the cafe

It was around 10.30am when we reached and I immediately walked into their area which had cakes on display (heard that their cakes are good!)

There were already other patrons seated in the cafe, chatting away.

I walked to their corner-lot shop to get a slice of cake, unfortunately, the guy behind the counter wasn't too alert / prepared when I walked up to him and gave me that "what-do-you-want" look with no smile whatsoever.

At this point, I told myself "Ok, maybe it's too early in the morning for him."

Anyway, when I browsed through the selection of cakes available ... I was truly spoilt for choice! 

However, since hubby had been bringing me out for breakfast quite often on his off days instead of lazing in bed, I picked their Butterscotch Walnut Cake. 

If it were to be me, it would be chocolate ... anytime! 

The cake was soooo delicious that hubby only managed to take a picture of the last piece !!!

I'm glad that hubby really enjoyed his slice of cake.

The perfectly coated butterscotch cream topped with small chunks of walnut balanced the taste of the cream and the 3-layer sponge cake.

A well-balanced taste, not too overwhelming nor too sweet, just nice.

Whilst we were enjoying our slice of cake, we waited (for awhile) to see the menu and had to call one of the servers.

This time around, the guy had an even gloomier face than the other one and the way he spoke to us was as if he was wanting to rush us off ... read: purely not interested! 

We managed to compose ourselves and placed our orders ... he repeated our orders hastily and left the table in a hurry.

Not long after, he came back to tell us that the kitchen was only opened at 11am.

We checked for the time and it was around 10.50am. 

Hubby told him nicely, "That's ok, you can take our orders first and we'll wait for the kitchen to open at 11am where they can prepare it by then."

The guy just nodded and walked off. 

The wait, for my coffee, took awhile ... not sure if coffee was only served at 11am as well? 

Latte



The glum-faced waiter delivered my burger and plopped the plate in front of me with his left hand and walked off.

I could feel my face tense up since it did seem a bit rude if he served customers like that! 

Their Foundry Burger
Anyway, not wanting to let it affect my mood, I started on my burger.

Verdict: good attempt on the beef patty, though it was slightly dry.

Hubby had the spicy pasta which was too spicy for him.

This was when I started to form a conspiracy theory, "Maybe they didn't like us since we came half an hour before 11am and perhaps was intruding their space in any way?" 

Ok, maybe I AM thinking too much.











I believe that it just wasn't our lucky day.

Service was extremely poor ... trust me, the local mamak shop is 10-times better in terms of customer service! 

However, there was a consistent flow of customers walking into the cafe so I guess they're there for the cakes & food, not so for the service. 

Hubby and I decided that this would be our first ... and last visit, unfortunately.

It's such a shame as the cakes are really awesome! 

Maybe we would need to find an appropriate time to buy cakes so as not to upset the team at Food Foundry ... making sure that they are in a much better mood.



Address: BG8 Happy Mansion, Jalan 17/13, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Phone: 03-7955 3885 / 03-7932 2322


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)