Friday 29 November 2013

Of Scones, Neslo Ais & the Forgotten Butter


Decided to visit our toddler's nanny and drop by my parents' place. 

Before heading out, we thought of bringing over freshly baked goods for them to enjoy.

We finally decided on scones, added chocolate chips & raisins: 



Once they turned golden brown in the oven and we took them out to cool, we packed the scones in brown paper bags (which our little one gladly helped to count whilst packing them). 

We then went out carrying paper bags which smelled of freshly baked scones.

After visiting the nanny and my parents, we stopped by our local mamak shop to buy "neslo ais kaw" ... both our favorite and oh, yes, our toddler's too! 

I waited in the car with the little one, listening to Bubble Guppies (for the upteenth time!) whilst hubby dashed to the mamak as it was raining. 

Before hubby left the car, he asked me if I wanted anything from the sundry shop which was just next to the mamak shop.

I said, "Yes, we're out of butter. Get the salted one, yeah."

Hubby acknowledged and dashed out whilst I entertained our toddler to some dance moves, just so that she doesn't start bawling ... wanting to follow Daddy. 

Upon hubby's return, he had bought this cooking utensil set for kids which costs MYR 17, super cheap in comparison to a similar one from ToysRUs which costs MYR 100! 

Considering our toddler's short attention span and how she wouldn't REALLY play with it the entire time, MYR 17 was extremely reasonable. 

We drove back home, enjoying our neslo ais on the way home.

When we reached home, I helped unpack our toddler's cooking utensil set and laid it out on her table. 

I suddenly remembered! 

Me: Baby, where's the butter? (while I looked at hubby eagerly)

Hubby: (He threw me a guilty look) Erm, I forgot.

Me: What? You forgot? But didn't you ask me what I wanted before you went down from the car earlier? You actually went into the shop, bought something which we did not discuss but forgot the butter?

Hubby: I'm sorry, dear. But I remembered your neslo ais.

Me: ???? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)