Thursday 21 November 2013

My Eczema Relief (Part 2)


After my entry in October about my ezcema relief, I was under the impression that it was done and dusted with. 

Boy, was I wrong!

I suddenly developed eye eczema for the past couple of weeks. 

So, I applied the Nivea Creme generously on my eyelids as I read about the dangers of applying ointment containing steroid on the eyelid.

It clearly didn't go away and last week, my right eye was swollen! 

Eeekkk!!!

So I scrambled to the freezer to take out an ice pack, hoping to reduce the swelling. 

I texted hubby who was at work an image of my eyes and he was shocked ... told me that we'd visit the doctor straight away. 


Upon seeing the doctor, she immediately knew what to prescribe me, some anti-histamine and ointment.


She only said I need to use these medication when needed and don't have to complete the course of medication. 

Me: Does the medication contain steroid as I'm still breastfeeding my toddler.

Doctor: How old is she? 

Me: 2 and a half years old. 

Doctor: I see, yes, it does a bit as you need to cure this. Looks quite bad.

Me: It's quite puzzling, Doc, coz I've NEVER EVER had this serious condition of eczema during my pregnancy nor before.

Doctor: Generally, mothers breastfeed until the child reaches 2 years of age. Beyond that, the child tends to take more nutrients out of the mother's body so the mother has to take multi-vits and drink plenty of water. On top of that, as your skin is quite sensitive, you need to use specific soap ie Sebamed / Cetaphil or the likes. You need to continuously ensure that your skin is moisturized.

Me: Ooooooo .... yes, my daughter even uses Sebamed.

Doctor: Good, then you can share with her.

Me: But Doc, I also use Nivea Creme as I've read about how it works for eczema sufferers.

Doctor: Oh no! Don't use that on your face, especially since you have eczema. Continue using the Sebamed lotion and for the Nivea Creme, you can use it on other parts of your body ie elbows, arms, legs.

Me: Owh! I had no idea! 

So off we went on a quest to find a Sebamed shower soap for moi.


Found this in Watsons, Great Eastern ... Fresh Shower.




I lather this baby lotion generously on my face, carefully applying them on my eyelids too.


I have now started consuming Fish Oil supplements ... nope, doesn't smell fishy :D

My food intake now focuses ONLY around salad, wraps, sandwiches, baked chicken etc. 



I drink TONS of water (frequent the washroom too). 

I'm hoping that in a way, I can also pin-point if there are any specific food / ingredients which MAY trigger my eczema.

Don't worry, I'm a foodie so I still indulge in my chocolate / nasi lemak / etc! ;)

And my eczema story continues ... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)